PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook can't connect to Westhost server

thgander
09-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Here's the error message I am getting:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'frogprinceshoes.com', Server: 'mail.frogprinceshoes.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have set up aliases; double-checked my MS Outlook account setup, etc.
Any suggestions??

lreeder
09-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Try it without the mail. in the server name.

wildjokerdesign
09-09-2003, 06:06 PM
I was getting the same error earlier with out the mail. on the server. It is now submited... the only thing I think was diffrent was the Secure(SSL). I do not know enough about errors did thgander have it secure settings on Outlook that with the current problems some are havein with SSL it would not connect?

thgander
09-09-2003, 07:56 PM
No, I did not have the secure settings on Outlook & I also tried it both ways with the "mail.domain.com" and without. Neither works. I double checked my aliases as well. It was actually working BEFORE I reinstalled SSL via Site Manager. Maybe I need to set up Outlook to secure?

thgander

rchub
08-08-2004, 01:19 PM
I am having the same problem with my Microsoft Outlook 2002. I have done the multiple domain email account hack with the virtusertable file, and everything seemed to work with my Microsoft Outlook Express 6. The following is the error message I got:

:!: Task 'domain.com - user1 - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet Servie Provider (ISP).'

:arrow: Here is what I have set up in my account settings in Outlook:

Incoming mail server (POP3): domain.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): domain.com
Log on using Secure Passowrd Authentication (SPA): not checked
(More Settings...)
My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: checked, with 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' selected
Connect using my local area network (LAN): selected
Incoming server (POP3): 110, this server requires SSL: not checked
Outgoing server (SMTP): 25, this server requires SSL: not checked

:arrow: Settings in Outlook Express:

Incoming mail (POP3): domain.com
Outgoing mail (SMTP): domain.com
Log on using Secure Passowrd Authentication (SPA): not checked
(Under Outgoing Mail Server) My server requires authentication: not checked
Incoming server (POP3): 110, this server requires SSL: not checked
Outgoing server (SMTP): 25, this server requires SSL: not checked

(If settings not mentioned, then either not selected or left default)

I have also tried to uncheck the "My outgoing server requires authentication" in Outlook, but still doesn't work. Same error messge. I tried to remove the account and create it again, doesn't work either. :(

Help is apprediated.

RCHub