PDA

View Full Version : Getting into PhpMyAdmin?

bertran
09-09-2003, 03:30 AM
Hi !

Please help,

I have the 'user' - root problem, did someone with this problem get access to PhpMyAdmin? how? what do we have to write for ID:?

The manager allows us to change the password, but what about the id?

username doesn't work
root doesn't work

so maybe... but not:
127.0.0.1 doesn't work
as localhost, domaindb, ....

What else can I try?...

Any idea to solve it would be appreciated. :-)

bertran
09-09-2003, 05:16 PM
So, nobody can open phpmyadmin with that problem?

FZ
09-11-2003, 04:59 AM
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what the problem is - is it that you cannot access mySQL no matter what user/pass combo you use or that you cannot access PhpMyAdmin in your browser because of the window that needs your username and password?

bertran
09-11-2003, 11:02 AM
design64, thanks for your attention,

I can access MySQL changing 'user' for root, as described in some other posts.

My problem is accessing PhpMyAdmin, whatever id I use:
http://www.domain.com/plugins/PhpMyAdmin/index.php

(The password I guess that is the one changed using the manager)

wildjokerdesign
09-11-2003, 11:16 AM
bertran,

I can access my PhpMyAdmins using username and password I use for SiteManager. I did change the password on the Site Manager after installing PhpMyAdmins and had to use the new password to access it. I used the link from the Site Manager to accesss it.

Does that answer your question.... Hey we use the same avatar!

FZ
09-11-2003, 02:09 PM
bertran,

Like WJD pointed out, the username is username (no @domainname.com part) and the password is the password you use for your Site Manager/main mail account/FTP/SSH.

However, if you still cannot access it, the easy way for you to "reset" the password is to FTP or SSH in to your account, change to the www/username/plugins/PhpMyAdmin/ directory and delete (better to rename for now) the file .htaccess (example: backup.htaccess). This way, the password protection for the directory will be removed. Sure it is really unsecure, and you should definitely not leave it like that, but you can always re-generate a user/pass combo yourself (and at least for the time being you will be able to access it).

See this post for details: http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=603

bertran
09-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Thanks to all, :D

I just accessed PhpMyAdmin using the ID and password from the manager, I didn't think about that as the previous version had the same Id and Password from the MySQL, so I was trying in this direction.

But then... what is this password we need to set up when installing PhpMyAdmin?

I'll take a look into .htaccess too, just in case one day... thanks for the link!

Yes we have the same avatar, reading this thread I was a bit confused, then I realized... :-) I like it too. :wink: