PDA

View Full Version : New files in /www/ directory

kitkat
09-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Before my site was converted to 2.0, I had some files in progress in a subdirectory of /www/.

These files are now ready for /www/ . They look fine in the www/subdirectory/ but when uploaded to /www/ - lots of errors, file not found for graphics, even though the graphic is in the correct location.

Just wondering - do the new files in /www/ change anything? If so, what can be deleted (i.e. missing.html-org, manager.html, etc).

Thanks in advance.

/kitkat

wildjokerdesign
09-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Do not delete manager.html it is your link to your Site Manager. I don't think any of the new files in the www should be affecting your new sub

kitkat
09-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Thanks, WJD.

It's probably something obvious I'm overlooking because files in www/beta/ should look the same in /www/ .

/kitkat

wildjokerdesign
09-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Don't know if this will help but was working with another problem and had set up a subdomain alias. I uploaded a page to the sub directory and the images would not show. When I looked at where the browser was looking for them it was at alias.mydomain.com I went in to site manager and under Domain Management > Web Aliases add an alias for /images/ that pointed to my images directory. I did this for the sub domain not my main domain so may not be the same thing. See if you can tell where the pages you uploaded are looking for the images.

wildjokerdesign
09-08-2003, 08:56 PM
I have to get going now but if you have more problems please feel free to PM me. That way when I check back in the morn I will get the message.... I get so lost in all these postings.

kitkat
09-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Thanks, WJD.

This site doesn't have a subdomain, but the files are PHP, so I'm going to make sure again we are PHP-enabled. I appreciate your help so much. Have a great evening!

/kitkat

FZ
09-10-2003, 05:37 AM
Kitkat,

Looks like you are having problems with absolute and relative paths in your HTML. Maybe you are referencing /beta/imagename.jpg for your images. Now if that file is in the beta directory it will work, but if you put it in the root directory it won't (unless you leave images in the beta directory). Also, for PHP, the "internal" path also changes... /www/beta might be what it was before, but if the file is now in root, it should become /www, etc. The new files in this folder do not affect any of your files. And WestHost has cleverly protected the most important ones such that you cannot delete (or edit) them even if you try (not that you should try anyway!).

I apologize if this is not the case and I am just going on about stuff you know about. If not, feel free to paste some of your source code here and I'll try and help.

wildjokerdesign
09-10-2003, 06:45 AM
Thanks Fayez PHP is somewhat beyond me. I will keep watch on her post but hopefully you will be more help to to kitkat.