PDA

View Full Version : What browser for the new site manager ?

Herve
09-08-2003, 05:17 AM
Hello,

I tried many browsers to use your manager (Netscape6, Netscape4, Mozilla
1.0, Konqueror and Opera6.0) but none of them seems to give the right
display. As I am working with Linux, could you please tel me what browser
shall work with your manager ?

Many thanks
Herve

jalal
09-08-2003, 06:24 AM
I use Mozilla 1.4,, 1.5a, Konqueror 3.1.2, Opera 7.11 (all under Linux) and Internet Explorer 5.5 under Windows.

Apart from the fact that its as slow as a three legged dog, it all seems to work fine here.

ajparker
09-08-2003, 08:06 AM
I use Galeon 1.3.3 and it works quite well....

Konqueror seemed to leave the please wait box hung open, but that was on a different system (I think that was v3.0.5a)

Avery

visible soul
09-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Herve-

If you are getting the "browser not supported" message try this. Delete cookies & cache and drop your firewall. That seems to be the only way that I can access the Manager and I'm using IE6 & NS7. After I get in I can put my firewall back up. Hope that does the trick for you.

If your problem is that the Manager acts "buggy" and you get all kinds of errors I think everyone is experiencing that right now. I know I am.

-DKC-

tourist
09-11-2003, 04:49 AM
Did you ever upload something to your site with site manager? I could not. I am using Mozilla 1.4 for linux, but I tryed with 1.3, too. I select the directory and click on link "upload to this directory". In the upload window I select the file and click on "upload". And here comes the surprise, it says: "Couldn't save the files in /var/www/html/de/ - Is a directory"
Yes it is a directory, it's sure. But what is the problem with that?

gbanse
09-11-2003, 09:23 AM
visible soul,
You don't need to drop your firewall IF you know how (or can figure out how) to let cookies pass through. Most routers and firewalls allow them by default and/or allow you to change settings to allow/deny them as you wish.

JICYDK

jalal
09-11-2003, 02:35 PM
I don't think firewalls are what stop cookies, firewalls work at the protocol level (i.e. stopping SSH, HTTP etc) not at the contents of the packets.
What is more likely is if you have Junkbuster or Privoxy in your comm chain, as they will stop or modify cookies.
Either that or the browser can be set to deny cookies as well.

diablosteamway
09-15-2003, 06:21 AM
I have the same problem. If my firewall is engaged while I login into manager the "Please Wait" popup never leaves and I can't acces the manager. Once I disable the firewall, and hit refresh the popup leaves and I am able to use the manger.

wildjokerdesign
09-15-2003, 08:25 AM
I use OS Win98-Winxp and my browser is IE 6. I have ZoneAlarm on all computers and Norton on some. I have no problems loging in to Site Manager or with it hanging up.

Anouther user I worked with was on a mac and could not get in using browser IE but was able to get in using the latest version of Netscape.

I would imagin the most obvious is to make sure that you are allowing cookies no matter what setup you are using.

visible soul
09-15-2003, 03:29 PM
Thanks gbanse, jalal, & wildjokerdesign-
I'll look into the cookie thing. I don't have a problem with secure login to most other sites though.
-DKC-

naturenurture
05-12-2004, 02:42 PM
I am having trouble logging in using IE6. I have cleared all my cookies, history, and have lowered settings to allow all cookies. I still get the error message that I must use a browser that supports cookies. Any ideas suggestions?

Can use Netscape w/out problems? Any idea how to coorect the IE6 issue?
Thanks

nsc
09-02-2004, 07:54 AM
I also use GNU/Linux and I can use Site Manager 2.0 with Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org).

With my favourite browser, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), the logout link doesn't work.