PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows how to solve a Mysql issue related to perl?

dmenese
09-06-2003, 05:12 PM
When compiling a perl script that access a Mysql database, the following error appears:

Can't locate Mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/perl/lib/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/local/perl/lib/5.6.0 /usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl .) at...

I tried posting at the Mysql forum without success...

Does anyone know how to solve this? :shock: (in the meantime I'm still waiting for the Westhost people to process ticket # 73054).

Regards,
Diego.

wildjokerdesign
09-06-2003, 08:40 PM
Not real familar with this issue but do know that in the migration many things have to be reinstalled.... like pearl and I think Mysql ...

Does that ring any bells or am I way off. Sorry I can't give a better answer. If I see anything I will try to get back to this post and let you know...

dmenese
09-08-2003, 08:34 AM
Yes... I think Mysql must be reinstalled... I'll have to wait a bit until the "site down" and "miva not working" messages dissapear...

quicktrick
09-10-2003, 10:48 PM
1. make sure you have installed the mysql option in your control panel
2. make sure you install perl in your control panel.
3. I believe there is a perl mysql option on the same screen as the mysql option. Make sure you have that installed as well.

good luck.

highbanks
09-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Is mysql.pm something you wrote yourself or is it a standard CPAN module. I believe turning on mysql in the control panel may only liberate the DBI.pm modules.

baughmankr
10-08-2003, 11:01 AM
MySQL.pm is a perl module that is *not* installed in version 2.0 of Westhost. You must contact tech support and ask them to manually install this module to get those old perl scripts to work.

Note: Installing the "Perl libraries" from the account manager *will not* solve this problem.

Been there. Done that.

Cheers!

Kinney