PDA

View Full Version : robot.txt listed as User?

wildjokerdesign
09-04-2003, 09:58 AM
I was just looking at one of my sites that has migrated and noticed that under E-mail/FTP Management >> Users that my robots.txt is listed as a User. Has anyone else seen this in thier account? Anyone have any ideas why this would need to be? I plan on leaveing it alone for know. Don't think it is a big deal and know WestHost has enough to deal with right now.

Maybe I had my robots.txt sitting in the wrong place and the automation thought it was a user.

I know just enough to get me in trouble... :D

lreeder
09-04-2003, 10:21 AM
I just went into the 3 sites of mine that have been converted and don't have that on any of them.

kitkat
09-08-2003, 07:51 PM
WildJoker:
Yes, I too had robots.txt listed as a user on my domains, and deleted these entries through the control panel.

As far as I know, the robots.txt file should be uploaded into the /home/ directory.

wildjokerdesign
09-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Thanks kitkat for the reply. Since that post I have noticed some users in other accounts that are similar. I even had one of my autoresponders set up as a user... kinda threw me off till I realized how it was set up... still have a few questions on that one but that can wait for now it is doing it's job.

kitkat
09-08-2003, 08:36 PM
You're very welcome, Wild Joker. Just so you know, you've helped me through some headaches in the past week. Your help is greatly appreciated here.