PDA

View Full Version : Exceed Disk Quota -



Goldpicks
09-03-2003, 07:06 PM
I've never been anywhere near my quota, and now with the "No-cost to me upgrade" I have exceeded my quota and can't add or modify any files!

A listing of the properties shows my "html" directory to be 40 megs! So what is the other 300 megs???

This is getting ridiculous!

ajparker
09-03-2003, 07:11 PM
Email counts towards your disk quota - it could be, depending on the volume and contents of mail, that is what has filled up the space. Have you tried checking mail/login in through webmail?

I know many had password problems. That might be worked around by using http://lp.westhost.net to retrieve the new password information.

Avery

FZ
09-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Keep in mind that all the new files for your VDS - everything in /bin/, /etc/, etc. are now taking up space as well. If I remember correctly, during the Beta test, the quota command indicated they were taking up about 105MB (without any files in the HTML directory or any mail, etc. anywhere). I raised the question as to whether that counted against one's disk space quota and was told it did, but that only about 15MB of that total counts. Maybe WestHost hasn't yet made the disk space provision for accounts that (including the VDS files) have exceeded their quota...

Goldpicks
09-03-2003, 09:17 PM
web mail does not work. and I doubt very much that I've gotten 200 megs in the last 2 days........

I can't do anything, basically because my account is shut down due to exceeeding my quota!

What Can I delete thats in my directory???

Since I don't expect any help from westhost!!!!

WestHost - BErickson
09-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Goldpicks,

I've got you fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience. It was not your problem, it was ours. The basic VDS install only should take up .5 MB of your space. This is a quota tracking problem. We are working on a permanent fix for cases like yours.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Goldpicks
09-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Disk Quota is again Exceeded.

Just when my members are starting to come back!!!!!!!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

FZ
09-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Do you know how to use SSH? If so, log in and type quota and press enter... Paste what you get here, please.

trinity.westhost.com
09-12-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey Bevan,

Luckily I bought the 700MB package (or what has become the 700MB package after four years) or else I would have suffered the same fate. My quota bloated from 70MB to 364MB overnight. I uninstalled MySQL, deleted my wusage.old directory and got it down to 243MB.

Can you tell me whether this quota problem happens with everyone or just selected accounts? If this is a problem that affects certain accounts, when you guys come up with a "general solution" how will those affected be informed that a solution exists, and how will we let you know we want to sign up for quota fixing?

Thanks,

Keith Larman
09-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Guys the same thing happened to me yesterday. The *only* thing that I could think of that I did was used mojo mail to send out an e-mail to a couple hundred e-mail addies (ironically to tell them I was back up). A few hours I came back and my site that was 17 meg prior to the small mojomail "Announcement ONLY" mailing was now at 265 meg. Over limit. And my e-mail was toasted. I finally deleted mojomail as well as the mailbox. Which brought the site back to 17 meg. But now I get existential riddles trying to recreate my mail address. ("mailbox does not exist. Mailbox exists. Run time error." - um, yeah, I'd say so...) Ironically it was the mail address I just finished telling *all* of my clients to e-mail because I was just back up. Anyway, I established a catch all that is getting those mails apparently, but I'm now terrified of running anything on my sites until these bugs get quashed. I just made myself look like a gigantic boob telling all my clients I'm back up and sending an e-mail that probably resulted in bunch of bounces before I killed the overloaded mail. Well, I don't know for sure what happened because while I've gotten a note that they're working on it, I don't know what's going on.

And I still can't create the *one* address I want to use -- keith. Weird. The system still gives me the "keith exists. keith doesn't exist" error message. Kinda cool in a surreal sort of way.

But anyway, I just wanted you to know you're not alone. The funny thing was that my site was at 17 meg. WIth 60 meg of throughput. Next it was at 265 meg. With 70 meg of throughput... Magically appearing usage...

Oh, no, my server has become self-aware... That must be it... Its thinking for itself now...

Hmm, that would be an interesting upgrade.