PDA

View Full Version : E-mail problems post migration

bnicolas
09-03-2003, 07:16 AM
Why is it that every time I check mail in Outlook I'm prompted for a password even though I check remember password? Is anybody else having this problem? This is only happening post migration. It's a real pain in the ass since it's tough remembering the new password and I refuse to mess with SM 2.0 on principle, (it's too slow and changes I make don't seem to stick anyway)

I'm also not able to login to webmail using old l/p, new l/p or old l new p.

Anybody else having these problems?

lreeder
09-03-2003, 07:24 AM
I'm not having any problems with mine.

One thing you might try (if you haven't already) is to enter your new username and password in Outlook under Tools-->Accounts or Tools-->Services (don't forget the user name is now username@domain). If seen this happen in Outlook before where even though you put in a username or password in the dialog box that pops up, it doesn't actually retain it, but entering it in the account ifo will retain it.

bnicolas
09-05-2003, 09:16 AM
Well I went back into SM 2.0 reset my passwords again and things worked from there. That was the 3rd time I've had to do that post migration...

beautifulproperties
09-08-2003, 03:09 AM
I am responsible for three accounts, two of mine and a large non-profit association. All three were transferred without my getting the notification email with the new signon info. None of my email forwarding files were transferred and consequently none of my emails are reaching me at all. I have 500 clients with the same problem and over 2.5 mb's in the dead letter file on the one I managed to ftp into. I still can't seem to get them to send me the original notification emails with the sign in info :cry: . Has anyone else had this problem?

ajparker
09-08-2003, 08:09 AM
You can re-set the forwarding (aliases) if you haven't already via the site manager (www.yourdomain.com/manager) then email/ftp management - and aliases.

For retrieving the "stuck" messages. You could also try the webmail at http://webmail.westhost.com That's the link for all v.2.0 sites. You most likely need to login as domainname@domainname.com

Avery[/url]

wildjokerdesign
09-08-2003, 08:34 AM
One of my clients is haveing the same issue with Outlook. It does not happen everytime thank goodness since they have thier Outlook check every 30min but everyonce in awhile they have to do the old check save password and it holds a bit longer... They are using OS Windows xp and Outlook... I figured it was maybe something on thier computer since they tend to not manage thier computer very well but maybe it is not. I hesitate to go in and change thier password since then I would have to have them make yet anouther change... Anyone have any other thoughts?