View Full Version : some 2.0 upgrade problems & their solutions

09-02-2003, 02:01 PM
1. Email was being rejected.
SOLUTION: went into the 2.0 account manager, set up the catch-all account I had set up previously.
(couldn't email settings have been migrated from the previous system, or at least have the catch-all set up by default??)

2. Email was not being received.
- previously had servers as mail.domainname.com. Removed "mail."
- changed user name from username to username@domainname.com
(couldn't this have been avoided as well??)

3. Account upgrade email notice was not received.
SOLUTION: none. Probably lost due to the above problems.

4. Perl scripts with relative path references out of cgi-bin no longer work.
SOLUTION: replace all occurances of "../whatever/" with "../html/whatever/" to mirror the new 2.0 directory structure.
(and, again... couldn't this have been avoided somehow??)

5. 2nd domain alias (carcomplaints.com) is no longer working
SOLUTION: none yet, waiting to hear back from Westhost support. I tried re-adding the alias through the Domain Management section of the 2.0 account manager, but got an error message that "carcomplaints.com is already occupied" & the alias setup failed.

Primary domain of autobeef.com works fine.

09-02-2003, 03:11 PM
just as a side note, I didn't have to change all the Perl header references from #!/usr/bin/perl to #!/bin/perl .. they work fine the old way.

Same deal with my CGI's that reference sendmail.. they are all still using /usr/sbin/sendmail rather than /bin/sendmail & work fine.

I am changing in the process of changing all that, I'm only saying all the old paths work fine on 2.0 for me.... Westhost seems to have symlinks set up correctly. Kudos for that.