PDA

View Full Version : Where's everyone from?

alaskaman
07-18-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm curious to know where others are from. Anyone else from Alaska??

yellowhead
07-18-2003, 10:28 AM
I'm from California but wish I was from Alaska. It's growing way too fast and just not the California I grew up in. Is it true the mosquitoes are really as big as birds? Is there any work up there other than canneries and fishing boats?

jdbaker
07-18-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm from all over (product of a military family). I have family all over too (but none in Alaska).

torrin
07-18-2003, 12:35 PM
I'm originally from Detroit, Michigan. I now reside in San Diego, California. The 2 places are very different. Here in San Diego, they call it cold and bad weather if it's 60 degrees out. In Michigan, that was a nice summer day.

Neo
07-18-2003, 03:18 PM
I like to think that I'm from Nevada but the place didn't work well with me. Too hot and dry. Currently I work from home doing medical billing so I spend quite a lot of time on the internet.

jdbaker
07-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I think Nevada is a fun place to visit, but I don't know about living there.

So what does the Hospital think of your infatuation with the Matrix? I thought the movie was pretty good, but I didn't catch Matrix fever like the rest of the world. I liked the first one better than the second one too.

CrazyPete
07-18-2003, 03:48 PM
I am from Seattle. We get a lot of people coming and going from Alaska, but haven't ever had the chance to get up there. I lived in Nevada for one summer, I agree with Neo, TOO HOT! I didn't have air conditioning in my car (becuase you don't need air conditioning in Seattle, you just roll down your window). I barely survived. I don't get how so many people can do it. It isn't natural.

wildjokerdesign
07-21-2003, 08:08 AM
I am also a product of a military family so I was born in Germany but have lived all over. Currently I live in Kansas City Missouri... Yes that is in Missouri not Kansas WindD .

jdbaker
07-21-2003, 08:33 AM
wildjokerdesign, which branch of the military was your father or mother in? I'm an Air Force brat myself.

jlavarj
07-22-2003, 01:51 PM
Man, JD. Don't you have anything better to do than hang out in these forums? I heard you just got a mod chip for your xbox. Any good?

jdbaker
07-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Whatever lavar, I know you hang out in forums all the time. I can't get the chip to work yet, my screen just boots to a black screen and the front blinks green and red. I think I have to rip it open again and re-solder all the wires again.

wildjokerdesign
07-22-2003, 04:19 PM
jdbaker, My dad was in the Air Force so I'm like you.

jdbaker
07-22-2003, 04:54 PM
I don't know if I'm biased, but I really think the Air Force is the branch of the military to be in if you have to be in the military. I looked at some of the army and navy bases and they just weren't as hooked up. The marines are fine as long as you don't plan on having a family but the Air Force has really nice housing, really nice BX and Commisary (and Shoppette). The military is not for me, but if I had to chose one, it would be the Air Force.

gbanse
09-04-2003, 09:23 PM
The Green Mountain State aka Vermont. I live in the cyberworld. My home is often the webmasterworld or oscommerce forums. Though occassionally I take a break to play father and husband. :wink:

~Faery Babe~
10-13-2003, 06:24 AM
I am in Melbourne, Australia, I live a stones' throw from a breathtaking beach and am nestled among some famous wineries. mmm

.........as about close to Heaven on Earth as you can get :D

FB