PDA

View Full Version : Imagemagick doesnt work, and GD is an OLD version...

Pippo
05-27-2003, 02:20 AM
I wrote to westhost support about imagemagick, and they told me it is available:

Imagemagick is installed on all of our servers. The one thing that does not work is the jpg portion. Everything else should be functional.

I tried to use it but it doesnt work...
then i found the topic on this forum saying that something didnt work with imagemagick, and westhost reply was: Use GD.

I wasted some time trying to work with imagemagick, westhost support told me it works, so I did...
Bu then at last i found out i couldnt use it, and to use GD, but the installed GD version is 1.3!!! but there is a 2.7 out now!!!!

Please, westhost, upgrade to 2.7 at least!
And dont tell people to use imagemagick if it doesnt work...

thank you
Filippo

REC
05-28-2003, 07:05 AM
I agree that Imagemagick & GD should be updated as soon as possible. I have waited a year for my software vendor to release a new version that uses imagemagick or GD. Now I find out it won't work on my site.

Charlie :?

WestHost - CSimiskey
05-28-2003, 12:11 PM
ImageMagick will remain in its current condition until WestHost 2.0 at which point it should be made fully functional. We will look at upgrading GD, but the GD Library is currently at 2.0.0, not 1.3, and the current version is 2.0.12, so its not terribly out of date. If you use PHP (4.3.1), it has GD built-in with the current version of 2.0.12.

BeautifulProperties.Net
07-07-2003, 10:50 AM
I had ImageMagick working perfectly on two separate domains until Westhost decided to make changes. Now, both programs are trashed and for some unknown reason they say it cannot be fixed.

This is difficult to understand and certainly very scarry. Scarry in that I have to wonder what else will quit working without any notice from westhost before it does.

I have links up for these programs and have depended on them for my users and now they are totally useless and embarrassing. Why do we have to wait til August to have something fixed that worked before?

Really strange.

REC-WH
09-16-2003, 03:47 PM
ImageMagick will remain in its current condition until WestHost 2.0 at which point it should be made fully functional. We will look at upgrading GD, but the GD Library is currently at 2.0.0, not 1.3, and the current version is 2.0.12, so its not terribly out of date. If you use PHP (4.3.1), it has GD built-in with the current version of 2.0.12.

Has anyone found the Perl GD Library? I need these for my script! I have searched and can't find them. My script also does a search and it can't find them.

Where does Perl acutally live? I have found what appears to be several copies of Perl, but no GD.

Can we change the Apache Conf file and relocate Perl?

Can we upload & compiled the Perl GD file? I have no idea how to do this, but I must try it if WH does not upload them.

My PHP script works OK with the built-in GD.

Any suggestions or inputs will be appreciated!

CM

dvduval
09-16-2003, 04:32 PM
I have been waiting for Image Magic to be installed on my site for more than 14 days.

Trouble ticket # 90683

REC-WH
09-16-2003, 05:26 PM
I have been waiting for Image Magic to be installed on my site for more than 14 days.

Trouble ticket # 90683

My script also can use ImageMagick for thumbnails. Do you know if we can install it ourselves?

It appears that we have root access and should be able to install it. I don't if the procedures listed at ImageMagick.org and other sites will work on these servers. I assume it will, but don't want to take the chance now because of all the problems.

Charlie

bertran
09-17-2003, 04:30 PM
I can't find Imagemagick convert path
Does anyone now it for Westhost 2.0?

Or did someone installed it successfully?

GD is not bad, but Imagemagick is almost perfect (except for the 25Mb)

richardz
10-02-2003, 08:34 PM
I had westhost install ImageMagick and it doesn't work for me either. If somone has any advice on how to get it to work or otherwise please let me know.

wildjokerdesign
01-15-2004, 07:18 PM
WestHost has responded about ImageMagick in this post http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8694#8694 that is a link to my last post in the area. If you scroll up you well see what WestHost had to say.

wildjokerdesign
02-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Ok if you are trying to get ImageMagick to work you may want to read this post by Jalal http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1607
There is alot in the thread but the instructions in the first post do work. Just remember we are playing with stuff WestHost does not support and we may be taking some risk by doing these things.