PDA

View Full Version : New Site Design...

WestHost - MStevenson
05-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Hello,

We have just updated our website with a new web design recently. We would appreciate any feedback on the new design and also if you find any bugs or broken links.

We have two seperate designs, one for our corporate website and one for our members area website.

Corporate Website: http://www.westhost.com
Members Area: http://members.westhost.com

Of course this forum is in the new members area design as well. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

coreymartin
05-07-2003, 04:47 PM
I enjoy your new style. It's very sleek and modern looking. I was on a Mac with IE 4 earlier today and the main nav bar on your home page (Home, Company, etc) appeared lower than it should have, overlapping the tabs with your contact info on the top of the page.

Otherwise, very nice redesign. I'd assume that you're slowly working towards a fully-featured member's area in which a person can log in and manage everything about their account in real-time. Seems like your member's area is slowly moving towards that point with its redesign.

These fourms are a great way of making Westhost in to more of a community. I was also very happy to see that the Westhost 2.0 description that you sent to your clients talks about tons of new useful features that I and many others will love. Good going! Just keep in mind that you have alot of Westhosters hungry for more info about the big changes ahead :-)

Corey Martin

WestHost - MStevenson
05-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the tip Corey. Was the Mac you were on running OS9 or OSX? I have to configure the menu for both, so that will make a difference on which setting I change. I think the OS9 setting is correct, but the OSX setting may be off.

We are looking forward to the changes here at WestHost too. We will be sending out a new announcement very soon with more details about the upcoming changes. We will also post those announcements here on the forums in case you miss the e-mail.

alien
05-07-2003, 10:49 PM
I think your new designs look great, and I'm not all that easily pleased. I'm especially appreciative of it all working with no problems on Opera v6.05. The dotted border on the LH column with the arc cutting through the top menu bar for the main area is particularly elegant.

A couple of suggestions:

On the FAQ page, it would be nice to have all the questions listed under the subheadings. Since I wasn't looking for anything in particular this time, it wasn't a real test, but with a vague notion of a question, it wasn't clear which category to look in, and I wouldn't want to have to search in and out of each. Scrolling (or even better, using "Find" on the page) would be preferable.

It would also be nice to have a smaller (but still sharp) Westhost logo to use on my site to encourage people to check you out and send referral credits my way. The 239x75 is a bit more than I'm willing to put on my site, and I'd rather have your team do the shrinking (to your satisfaction) than do it myself.

Keep up the good hosting.

ashitaka
05-09-2003, 09:13 PM
I like it, I noticed the only way to access the forums is to go to the community button. ( I may be wrong). Why not have something on the main page and/or the members page?

mattlamb
05-10-2003, 11:23 AM
very clean and easy on the eye one problem on the Commercial site the top menu bar navigation elements are below the grey bar when viewed on my Mac with explorer 5.1, sys 9.2.2.

On the members site all looks fine but I think if you want the forums to grow and be as usefull as I already find them maybe you should give them a bigger play on the main page.

WestHost - MStevenson
05-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Ok, I think we have the menu problem corrected. Please let us know if you are still having problems viewing the menu on either the corporate web site (http://www.westhost.com), or the members area (http://members.westhost.com). It should be aligned correctly now.

If you are still having a problem with the menu, please let us know what site (corporate or members) and what operating system and browser you use. That will help us trouble shoot it any further.

WestHost - MStevenson
05-14-2003, 09:24 AM
If anyone out there has a mac (either OS9 or OSX), I would appreciate it if you could check the main site and make sure that the menu bar at top is displaying correctly (it should be vertically centered in the top bar). If you do check this, could you please post whether it works or not and what OS and browser you use. We want to make sure that this displays correctly on all platforms.