PDA

View Full Version : midphase migration gone amuck

edogcole
02-15-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm just posting this in hopes anyone else can relate to a similar situation or on going that situation that is. Last week my midphase host ( which Ive been with for about 6 years) kept restarting my server and telling me that its becoming unstable and asked if I wanted to go ahead and be moved to there new sister company westhost to fix the issues. Well of course I said sure. Since then my site has been down I can't find any data and so it seems neither can anyone else. At this point I'm not concerned with getting back online here is as much as securing my data and or getting a confirmation it's still there or has been fried so to speak. Anyone else been moved from midphase recently and experiencing problems?

Just curious.

wildjokerdesign
02-15-2011, 01:08 PM
So have you contacted Midphase or WestHost about this? Did you get any information from WestHost about a new account and information on how to log into it? I really don't know how Midphase works really but I would think they would have something unless they have already completed the process and canceled your account.

edogcole
02-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes multiple times with many instances of each side pointing me back to the other. The thing now is Midphase says they migrated to westhost so I deal with them alone. Each time with westhost I get different info and a ticket that keeps getting updated but I'm guessing not tackled yet. I have a account here set up just no data

jneeley
02-15-2011, 03:07 PM
@edogcole mind PMing me your info? I'd like to look it up and locate your correspondence with our team.

edogcole
02-15-2011, 07:00 PM
PM sent as requested

edogcole
02-15-2011, 08:06 PM
and now all the tools cpanel and WHM are broke.. this is insane.

jneeley
02-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for sending me the PM, I just responded and am working on these solution as fast as possible. We are sorry that this migration has not been favorable for you in any way.

The system admins have restored many of the directories and are continuing to do so. They still have the data on the midPhase server and we can do a full migration again to ensure it is set-up completely which will be accomplished.

edogcole
02-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks you I await onliness

Roger D
04-04-2011, 05:24 PM
My site has been migrated from Midphase last...Wed? Thur? It's been down every since. Writing support tickets is useless as no one ever responds to them. Midphase has ALWAYS replied to their support tickets VERY quickly.

The only positive support experience with westhost so far as been the live chat persons. Although they never can give me any answers or ETA (this is because the techs working on the VPS do NOT communicate with them, apparently??), they at least communicated with me!! :(

adamcroshaw
04-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Roger D

Great speaking with you on the phone and I have been top of this issue ever since we spoke. I have escalated it to Level 3 techs.

Unfortunately we've had server engineers working on it over and over with progress happening and then it seems to have other issues. We will be replacing the SANs which have been causing us problems. We continue to do everything to resolve these issues.

I am keeping an eye on your ticket to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Andy435345345
10-24-2011, 08:31 AM
I too am a victim of the migration. I hope the lack of response from westhost is due to the acquisition of midphase accounts and will get better. I called midphase this morning - they answered immediately, I've been on hold for an hour with westhost. I will miss midphase very much!

adamcroshaw
10-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Andy

I hope you have been able to get your issue resolved. If you have a ticket open please PM the ticket number to me so I can make sure our support team is taking care of your needs.

Adam