PDA

View Full Version : Joomla Installed through Cpanel in its own directory

Kyle
10-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I just installed Joomla from the "install and manage" options on my site and it created another directory /joomla. I saw another post from 3 years back about the same issue but it involved moving all of the files to another directory and changing configuration.php. When I looked at the configuration.php file it did not contain the lines as indicated in the thread.

Is there any other way to keep from having the URL www.yourdomain.com/joomla as the address? Forgive my newbeeness.:)

wildjokerdesign
10-28-2010, 07:10 PM
If you are on WH 4.0 which uses cPanel then you should be able to choose where you want to install Joomla. You can even install it in your root public directory so it shows up at example.com. If this is still a new unused install simply uninstall it and install a new one where you want it.

The instructions you saw from 3 years ago is for WH 3.0 and we did not have the option then to install into any directory we wanted to. Then the only way to do it would be to follow the instructions you read or go to the joomla site and download the program yourself and install it following the instructions they supply on their site.