PDA

View Full Version : Periodic account restarts needed on wsl03017

reallyoriginalusername
07-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Hello,

I've been having a bit of trouble every couple of months or so with data disappearing from my site until I restart my account. This seems to be mainly affecting my Joomla site (v.1.0.15 with some extensions), but a couple of times when this has happened, I've logged into phpmyadmin and gotten a message that there are no databases. But once I restart the account, everything is fine (until it happens again, anyway).

Like I said, it's not happening very often, but I'm still somewhat concerned about it. Just wondering if this has been happening to anybody else, or if there could be a problem with my account or something that is causing this. I'm using PHP 5.2.6 and MySQL 5.0.67, if that information helps any. And I'm not seeing any indications in Site Manager that I'm anywhere close to using up my resources.

If anyone has any insight into this, I thank you in advance. :)

wildjokerdesign
08-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Somehow I missed this post the other day. Did you contact WestHost about this? I would send them support ticket on the matter. Resource limits would not affect this. Since things are fixed by restarting the account it might be that MySQL is some how getting shut down but I would think that in phpMyAdmin and even in Joomla that would be giving you an error about not being able to even connect to a database at all.

reallyoriginalusername
08-02-2010, 04:29 AM
Hi, Shawn. Thank you for the reply, and no worries, I didn't feel like I had to wait long (I'm in a weird time zone anyway). :)

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to submit a support ticket or post here first on this issue. I guess I went ahead and posted here because I was curious to know if anyone else had experienced this problem, and I also wasn't sure how much information I'd need to include (or not).

I know I need to upgrade Joomla to 1.5 (maybe that could be part of the problem, as this isn't happening on my phpBB site), but I'm still looking for suitable extensions to replace the ones on 1.0.

Anyway, thanks again! :)

wildjokerdesign
08-02-2010, 06:07 AM
If you also have phpBB installed and you don't see this happening with it then I would say it is a Joomla issue. Server wise it is going to treat both the same way.

springfrog
09-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I just had the "no databases" thing happen in PHPmyadmin a few moments ago. I logged into phpmyadmin and the databases were there...clicked on one of them in the list on the left hand side then went to browse one of the tables and got an error and the "no databases" message on the left hand side replacing the list of databases that had been there a few moments before. My databases still were working though, as my sites were still showing data from the databases. I restarted the account and refreshed phpmyadmin and everything was back as it was supposed to be. Very strange - I can't remember this ever happening before.

wildjokerdesign
09-08-2010, 04:21 AM
I know that on 4.0 they have been doing some work on how all the elements interact with mySQL so perhaps that could effect a database not showing up on a temp basis. Always possilbe that if they are prepping a 3.0 server to migrate to 4.0 it might do the same thing although I think that they most likely plan to simply move accounts from a 3.0 server to a 4.0 server. Not sure how they are going to handle all that. :)

RealCourage
09-08-2010, 08:56 AM
In addition to the phones being down today, I am having trouble making a back up of my WordPress database through myPHPAdmin 3.1.0. I am on server wsl06004

WestHost - CReeves
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
RealCourage,

I'm sorry about the phone situation today. We have been having intermitten issues with our phone system. We have our guys working to get this resolved asap.

We can still be reached by live chat or by submitting a support ticket. I'll pass along your question to our support guys so we can get back in touch with you.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

dolson
09-08-2010, 01:13 PM
RealCourage,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your WordPress database. I was not able to see any errors or obvious reasons why it may not work so I'm not yet positive as to why it is not working for you. I have bumped up the memory limit that PHP is allowed to use so please try again and see if it will work for you. If it still does not work, please go to http://www.westhost.com/chat/ and open up a chat with us and we'd be happy to help you get this resolved.

reallyoriginalusername
09-30-2010, 05:15 AM
Update: a couple weeks after upgrading Joomla to 1.5.14, I had this happen again. I got an SQL error in phpmyadmin while browsing the Atmail tables, and the website was down again after this. After a restart, again, everything was fine.

Then it occurred to me that I never had this problem before switching from RoundCube to Atmail. I don't know if it was the culprit or not (or if anyone else in this thread was also using it), but just to be on the safe side, I've gone back to RoundCube. I'll report back if I haven't had any problems for a few months. :)

reallyoriginalusername
04-04-2011, 02:04 AM
Sorry for the double post, but it has been six months, and I have not had one single problem since uninstalling Atmail.

jneeley
04-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the update! Glad things are working as they should and you're getting what you need :)