PDA

View Full Version : QuickSwitch Completed. What's Next?

robmac
07-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi,

I'm a little confused and hope someone can help me.

I'm wanting to move over multiple wordpress domains. The files have all been copied over by the Quick Switch service. But what do I do now?

If I change the dns will they work as usual? Or do I need to set up wordpress and connect it to the existing mysql database?

Thanks,

Rob

wildjokerdesign
07-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't know what Quick Switch service is. Is it something WestHost offers or are you wanting to simply have a reason to supply the link to it. :) Are you going from WH 3.0 to WH 4.0?

robmac
07-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your reply. Quick Switch was an option Westhost offered when I signed up. For $10 they copy your files over. It looks like I'm on v3.

I spoke to support and I just needed to change the dns. It's working for my main domain, but not the other domains. It looks like a permission problem.

wildjokerdesign
07-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Ahh... I did not realize that WestHost offered that. Actually if you just signed up with WestHost then you would be on WH 4.0. You can tell pretty easy when you sign in. If cPanel is how you administer things then it is WH 4.0. Site Manager is used for WH 3.0.

I can't think off the top of my head what permissions would be a problem for a Wordpress install but I am willing to try and help if you can tell me what is happening.

With Wordpress you do need a database but I would assume that setting that up with the correct configs would be part of the Quick Switch service. If you want to check config setting for each domain the correct file is wp-config.php. That holds your database settings.

wildjokerdesign
07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
BTW: I did check with WH about the service and if you are having issues with the move then go ahead and create a support ticket. They should be able to sort things out for you if it has to do with the transfer of files and any permissions. :) If you want to work on it yourself I'll try to help.

ifurniss
07-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Hello Rob,

I am sorry to hear you are having a bit of trouble with your secondary domain after utilizing Quick Switch to get your account set up here at WestHost.

Please contact us at Technical Support at your convenience to get this issue resolved. We are available 24/7 by phone, LiveChat or E-mail.