PDA

View Full Version : Add search to forum

samssc
05-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi - maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see a search option in the forum. It would be helpful to be able to search for keywords, and avoid scrolling through all the posts.

wildjokerdesign
05-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Second menu bar down third from the right is a search drop down. :) You can do a quick search with it or you can use the Advanced Search link to refine things. Also when you are viewing a thread you do have the Search this Thread drop down which can be handy if you are looking for something specific in a multi page thread.

samssc
05-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks! It didn't show up well in my browser, looks like blue text on blue background. I did find it from your directions, though. Much appreciated.

wildjokerdesign
06-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Yes it is a bit hard to read even on my monitors. Actually it would be nice if WestHost would change the CSS for the menu bars so that the text would show in something like white or yellow. That would be a better contrast against the dark blue. Clint if you are reading this, what do you think? Can you pass that suggestion on to the design team?

WestHost - CReeves
06-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Shawn,

Thanks for the input. I like the suggestion and could also agree. I've sent this off to our Design team to see if we can get this implemented. I'll let you know if we are unable to for some reason.

wildjokerdesign
06-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Hey the menu bar for the forum looks better! The white works... now you can see the items better. Thanks!

WestHost - CReeves
06-07-2010, 08:20 AM
You bet! Thanks for the great suggestion!

Beau21
08-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks for this suggestion I can now search for some keyword . And its very visible now.