PDA

View Full Version : wsl01006 again? can I be changed to a different server?

J_M
04-27-2010, 07:48 AM
it seems to be a weekly problem, can I be changed to a different server?

what have been the recent problems with this server?

WestHost - CReeves
04-27-2010, 08:17 AM
J_M,

We sincerely apologize to you for the temporary outage on this server. It is currently undergoing emergency maintenance and is expected to be back up and running very soon. If you have a specific concern or request regarding this we would encourage you to contact us directly.

J_M
04-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi Clint

I need to do something, it's down again. It seems that this server is still experiencing downtime that well exceeds normal service. So my options are:

Move my website to a WH server with better history since the "incident"

Wait until this server is fixed ( I'm assuming that each time it has been fixed it was assumed to be OK, so this really isn't an option)

or.. what I'd rather not do, is to move to a service that has better history. I'd really like to stay with WH, but not with this much downtime.

My gut feeling is that you should decommission this server and any servers that are experiencing this many problems, because the problems are not being fixed. I asked the question right after the incident, are you replacing hardware because if this has caused total failure on some servers it must have impacted all of them to some extent.

So...... who do I contact and what do I do? ( before answering, think about what you would do if this was your website/email, would you stay with a server that has this much downtime? would you be comfortable paying for this service? ) I want to be a loyal WH customer, I have been, now help me continue to be one.

thanks

j

WestHost - CReeves
04-30-2010, 08:24 AM
J_M,

I can definately understand your concerns that you have expressed here. We take these matters very seriously and will continue to work to provide better uptime. I can assure you that we value your business and your input. I will make sure to pass along your thoughts to our team here.

In the meantime I'll shoot you over a private message so we can discuss this further.

J_M
05-26-2010, 08:38 AM
wsl01006-

this server is not healthy and hasn't been since the day that we shall not mention.

the status says "All systems are running normally." but there are red dots across the status for wsl01006.

J_M
05-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Clint - can you post an update here or on the status page with an ETA? thanks.

WestHost - CReeves
05-26-2010, 08:56 AM
J_M,

The current ETA on this server is 9:12 a.m. MDT. I'm sorry about the frustration with this particular server. I'm checking into this issue further to find out more details.

J_M
05-26-2010, 08:59 AM
eventually you will need to stop fixing the flats and put on a new set of tires : )

J_M
05-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Clint- I see that 2 more hours have been added to the ETA.

Now that WH is moving to a new data center, does this mean that there won't be any drastic reconstructive surgery performed on wsl01006 and this server will continue to be problematic until the changeover? Every time this server is fixed..... it isn't fixed..... something is wrong. (and unfortunately, it seems that these outtages are timed perfectly with when I need to have it up and running)

So the question that I have is other than fixing the intermittent problems what is being done over the long haul to ensure that this server will perform better?

>We promise to provide you with optimal uptime. Our hosting systems infrastructure will be constructed, maintained, and monitored to ensure 99.9% uptime.

WestHost - CReeves
05-26-2010, 10:05 AM
J_M,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today over the phone. Please accept our apologies for the added inconvenience this may cause you.

We are monitoring this server carefully and will continue to do everything we can to maintain optimal performance. Our Administrators are aware of the issues and are working to prevent future interruptions. I can assure you and all the clients on this server that we do take this matter seriously and that this is a top priority for our team to resolve.

Bulkwhey
06-22-2010, 04:04 PM
This server is a joke!
New move...but it's the same old story!

WestHost - CReeves
06-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Bulkwhey,

I apologize for the problems with this server this afternoon. I can understand how this would be frustrating for you. We are working as quickly as we can to resolve the remaining issues on this server. If you have specific questions please feel free to contact our Technical Support team directly at any time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and other clients. I can assure you that we are doing what we can to resolve this in a timely manor.

hyltond
07-06-2010, 07:51 AM
I too am frustrated with wsl1006, where my V3 account resides - supposed to be a short maintenance window last night (11pm to 1am), but as of right now (8:50 am Tuesday 6th Central) it is still down. Chat with tech support at about 8 Central, and no ETA (see below). This is huge for me - I'm still working on migrating to a new V4 account, have some settings on V3 I need to grab still (and still not convinced V4 is going to fill the bill - cPanel has bugs and drawbacks, and documentation distinctly poor and incomplete), and I have until tomorrow July 7 before V3 goes away. HELP!!!

:- "Cody: The server your account is on went down a few hours ago. The server is back online, but the manager process is still starting up and running a system check
Dan: Any ETA, Cody?
Cody: I've not been given one yet, sorry"

WestHost - CReeves
07-06-2010, 08:21 AM
hyltond,

I can understand your frustration with getting everything back up and running. I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to resolve as quickly as possible. We completely understand the critical nature of this and the importance to you and to us in getting this up quickly. We do apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to monitor this server closely. As always feel free to contact Tech Support at any time with questions especially if you need special assistance.

Thank you for your feedback.

wildjokerdesign
07-06-2010, 04:17 PM
hytold,

What bugs are you finding in cPanel? When I see something I try to report it so they can make changes. WestHost has been pretty responsive in dealing with most of them. Some I think run a bit deep so are taking longer. I figure if they don't know about the problems they can't address them. :)

I've pointed before like you that I feel WH 4.0 lacks good documentation and I feel they are working on it. Being a webmaster myself I know how much time it can take though. I am trying to build some of my own documentation on WH at my site in signature. There may be some answers there although it is a pretty new venture for me so a bit slim at the moment. If you have specific questions let me know and I'll see if I can find the answers for you.

Awilliams
08-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Come ON - It's down again?!?!!!! This is the 2nd time in 24 hours. I'm losing business. MOVE MY SITE! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!

I'm in the process of moving my site off WH unless they move servers for me ASAP.

WestHost - CReeves
08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Awilliams,

Please accept our apolgies for the recent downtime. We are aware of the issues and are working to prevent any further downtime on this server.

I received your email and am looking further into this for you.