PDA

View Full Version : ETA Changes

wildjokerdesign
03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
I see a lot of folks who are bothered when an ETA on the Net Status changes and gets pushed back. I think their biggest concern is that there is no explanation given when this happens.

I would like to suggest that if an ETA has to be moved that an update be posted why it had to change. I don't think it has to be detailed but if some indication of what is going on could be added it might help alleviate fears in some people. Left to our own imaginations we can come up with some pretty catastrophic conclusions. :)

WestHost - CReeves
04-01-2010, 08:36 AM
wildjokerdesign,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will pass this along to our Administrative team who manages the Netstatus messages.

wildjokerdesign
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks Clint. I thought I would cross link a post I made in another thread since it is kind of in the same line as what we are talking about here. http://forums.westhost.com/showthread.php?p=49250

J_M
04-10-2010, 08:54 AM
>I see a lot of folks who are bothered when an ETA on the Net Status changes and gets pushed back. I think their biggest concern is that there is no explanation given when this happens.

I think the angst ( or maybe just my angst) is more about the ETA deadlines changing when the ETA expires and not before. So, the reason is less important because I can't act on the cause, but I can plan for when it will be back online, and look more professional if I can relay better updates.

Have you ever received a call from someone at the time that they scheduled a meeting with you, and they now tell you they are going to be 1/2 hour late.... didn't they know before the exact time of the appointment? Problems aren't always linear, so change is expected, and ETA's can be adjusted along the way..... not at the end.

It's a relatively easy thing to do, 1 hour, or 1/2 hour before the ETA commitment, you reassess and post an update, it should be part of the process.