PDA

View Full Version : Setting up individual blog for each sub-domain

vangoe
03-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi, I have several sub-domains on WestHost. I want to set up a separate blog onto each one. All will be different in design, content and users inputting the content. I have set up a blog on the www.maindomain.com with no problem. I manually installed Wordpress onto one of the subdomains and I can view it but now I am wondering how to get a separate ADMIN panel for this blog with it's own ID and password so it's users can make changes to the blogs by themselves. Via the phpMyAdmin I set up another database but not quite sure on what to do with that and how configure to go with this subdomain's wordpress folder. I have looked around the forums but can't make sense on how to do this. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks.:)

wildjokerdesign
03-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean when you say "I manually installed Wordpress onto one of the subdomains"? Normally when you manually install something like wordpress, it well ask you for database information. That is when you input the name of the database that you created in phpMyAdmin. If you simply used the default name that is put in during the install procedure then it is going to overwrite the one for your main domain. :)

vangoe
03-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Boy do I feel silly. By "manually installed" I meant drag and drop. Not the same thing I see. I went into the wordpress folder, read the "readme.html" and it was a very simple process once I updated the wp-config.php file. Thank you for your response.

wildjokerdesign
03-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Your welcome. I had a feeling you might have just copied the files from the one location to the other. :)