PDA

View Full Version : Gmail randomly considers your e-mail as spam

LWC
03-17-2010, 04:02 AM
I mean the messages Westhost sends to its clients. Just thought you should know. I keep telling Gmail you're not spam, but it doesn't help. I bet lots of users miss your mail because they don't check their Gmail's spam folder (or they do but don't notice Westhost).

I don't keep old messages to confirm this, but maybe it only happens with maintenance messages. Maybe because they don't carry plaintext versions.

wildjokerdesign
03-17-2010, 06:39 AM
I think you might be right about the fact that it is sent only in HTML. It think you can choose to have messages sent via plain text but not sure where that setting is and like you say if the client is not getting the message they wouldn't know. :) It also seems trigger the missing header check by SA which could be a problem with GMAIL. White listing westhost.com should be a personal fix on a clients end though. I am surprised GMAIL does not honor that.

LWC
03-19-2010, 02:40 AM
It think you can choose to have messages sent via plain text but not sure where that setting is.
Normal programs (both desktop ones like Outlook Express and web ones like phplist) secretly force the sender to send HTML messages also as text messages (but not vice versa, of course).

It also seems trigger the missing header check by SA which could be a problem with GMAIL.
?

White listing westhost.com should be a personal fix on a clients end though. I am surprised GMAIL does not honor that.
Gmail has very strict rules about Spam. They have a FAQ for external senders. Reporting "not a spam" is just one factor. The less rules the sender follows, the less importance is given to reporting "not a spam".