PDA

View Full Version : How to request 4.0 for existing customer

pete
02-19-2010, 02:25 PM
What if a current customer wants to migrate to 4.0, what is the process for that now? It appears new accounts are with 4.0 now, but an existing account -- what about them? Can I request a change now?

wildjokerdesign
02-20-2010, 07:32 AM
I think that at this point what you have to do is simply go through the process of getting a new account with WestHost then cancel the old one once you have the new account set up with your domains. I don't think they have a migration plan in place yet or any tools to help you do it. Hopefully a WestHost employee will reply here but you might get more concrete information by submitting a support ticket via the Contact page.

WestHost - CReeves
02-21-2010, 08:44 AM
pete,

I replied in the other thread but for the benefit of others with this same question I will answer here.

Currently we do not have a migration tool set up and ready to go to move your entie account. We are eager to get our clients over to the WH 4.0 platform for those who wish to make the move. In the meantime you can sign up for a new WH 4.0 account and migrate your WH 3.0 content manually. Once you have everything moved over to WH 4.0 you can submit for cancellation of your WH 3.0 account and we will transfer those funds at that time. We are working on a migration tool that will make this process easier in the future.

If you have further questions about this feel free to give us a call.

wildjokerdesign
02-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Clint,
If a client choose to take this route to migrate to WH 4.0 at this point, would they be charged for the new account during migration? I know there would have to be a limit on time but perhaps the new WH 4.0 could be "free" for the first month to allow migration. This might encourage current clients to go ahead migrate. Now that the decision has been made to allow current clients to stay with WH 3.0, it might even get you some "extra" accounts if a person decided to keep there old 3.0 account for some reason along with the new 4.0 one. :)

pete
02-22-2010, 11:53 AM
I have done this method, at least the first part. I have been working on the new 4.0 and find it much faster to work with and has more of the options that I want from my system. I am having a few minor issues and need to work through them before I decide to transfer everything over and cancel the other account.

I agree with wildjoker, it would be nice to have a two week or month at the most of transition time where I didn't have to pay. I am at the point I couldn't wait, so I jumped in. I can see others maybe decide to take the plunge if they had a one month incentive.

Again, I really like the new environment and the speed of the cPanel compared to Site Manager. There are still a few things I thought were easier to understand and do with Site Manager, but I am in the learning stage and am sure it will come to me given some time.

-pete-

wildjokerdesign
03-04-2010, 07:11 AM
A999,
You where replying to an automated spammer. ;) I've removed kanna84's post. If you didn't notice the reply had nothing to do with what the topic was about. Then again you may well have known that since I see that wink at the end of your post.

bb30txks
07-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Ok, so when I first purchased my WestHost account I got it during one of the specials. When I upgrade to the 4.0 system does that all go away? I have read a lot of the forums concerning the switch but this is one thing I didn't see anyone ask.

wildjokerdesign
07-07-2010, 06:50 AM
At this point there is not really an "upgrade" for WH 4.0. For those who are moving to WH 4.0 they simply order a new account and then once they have all files set up they close the old WH 3.0 account. While I know that WestHost is willing to transfer over the remaining balance from a WH 3.0 to a WH 4.0, I don't think the "package" or contract is transferred.

Vodor
07-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Ok, so when I first purchased my WestHost account I got it during one of the specials. When I upgrade to the 4.0 system does that all go away? I have read a lot of the forums concerning the switch but this is one thing I didn't see anyone ask.

I too have a 'special' account with tonnes of stuff I'm really greatful for, but I would probably only consider moving to 4.0 if I get to keep all, or most, or at least I guess the decent parts (space etc). Any official word on these accounts?

wildjokerdesign
07-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Have you checked the current packages? They are pretty good and you can even get a free year of hosting tagged on depending on how much you order up front. :) It may be better then what you have now ultimately.

I don't think they are going to be able to do a transfer of any of the current setups. The systems are just too different. Also at some point they have to raise prices and to my knowledge they never have on existing clients. Now can you say that about any other service you purchase? Has the charge for your electric, gas or phone stayed the same? So expecting to get more for the same price is expecting a lot. I am sure you are going to say "but I would get less bandwidth or disk space". You can't judge the value simply on that. :)

Vodor
07-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Oh yeah, I understand the whole business side of things, but to give a little more insight into what I get at the moment vs version 4

Just paid roughly $250 for another 12 months of my v3, and I get in that 100gb space, and 2tb bandwidth - that's a huge amount (that's what control panel says anyway) and I never started anywhere near that when I got the account several years ago.

On v4, for roughly the same price I'd have to take the lowest package (10gb space, 250gb bandwidth) so you can see where I'm coming from.

In all honesty I'm perfectly happy on v3, I just like cool new stuff to play with :)

Armadillo
08-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Once you have everything moved over to WH 4.0 you can submit for cancellation of your WH 3.0 account and we will transfer those funds at that time.
Clint (or any Westhostie reading this) can you elaborate on this. The online cancellation form says nothing about that.
I have an old WH3 site and a new WH4 site. I would like to eventually move the WH3 site on to the WH4 account.

ifurniss
09-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Clint (or any Westhostie reading this) can you elaborate on this. The online cancellation form says nothing about that.
I have an old WH3 site and a new WH4 site. I would like to eventually move the WH3 site on to the WH4 account.

The WestHost 3.0 Cancellation form does not specify details on migrations to 4.0, but we do work with you to get remaining credit in your 3.0 billing cycle transferred over to your 4.0 account. Since you may purchase a different package with a different monthly rate, it will depend on how much credit is transferred from your 3.0 billing cycle.

The best advice is to create your new account, get it all set up as you desire and then submit your 3.0 cancellation request here:
3.0 Cancellation Form (https://corp2.westhost.com/cancel/)
There is a details box at the bottom of the form. I have made it my recommendation to have you enter in "Migrating to 4.0" in that box so that we have a reference for helping you get your remaining credit transferred where possible.

jneeley
01-14-2011, 03:57 PM
I also wanted to mention to this thread that we've sent a coupon code to all Site Manager (3.0) clients worth the first 4 months free. I hope this will make it easier to test and give you the time you desire to move.