PDA

View Full Version : This Stinks

cyberwoolf
11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I came to westhost because of the non cpanel environment. I love the control, access and freedom I got with my account. I think it's a big mistake and the majority of the features I came here for will be gone.

The support is top notch and it's a shame I'll have to leave once it's time to renew.

Time for a new host :sigh:

WestHost - CReeves
11-23-2009, 05:14 PM
cyberwoolf,

We understand your concerns. The technology we were using for our VPS-like environment is at end of life. As a result we have launched our new WestHost 4.0 (cpanel) enviornment that includes many upgrades.

For those clients that require the VPS technology we would highly recommend that you consider checking out our sister company VPS.NET. We are confident that the new WestHost 4.0 platform or VPS.NET are both great alternatives depending on your needs. For most clients they will only notice additional features/apps with the new environment once we do the migration. New clients will automatically be placed on the new WestHost 4.0 platform and are already enjoying the benefits.

Thank you for your feedback.

cyberwoolf
11-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for responding, but it is still an inconvenience. I've used cpanel with my previous sites and didn't have the freedom I wanted. I chose Westhost specially because of this.

I don't really understand this cloud stuff on the vps.net and I don't see a demo or screenshots of what the control panel looks like. It just sucks I have to go to different host after I thought I had found one.

WestHost - CReeves
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
cyberwoolf,

With VPS.NET you can get the ISP Manager (control panel). You can see a demo of it that links from the VPS.NET blog here (http://vps.net/blog/2009/04/28/ispmanager-pro-free-cp-for-vpsnet-users/). I understand your concern. I hope that this information will be useful when making your decision.