PDA

View Full Version : Moved to VPS.NET

bruce.binder
11-16-2009, 04:25 PM
I have finished the move of my personal website to vps.net. Despite the setback of a two-hour server outage a few days before going live, the switchover went well. I spent about three weeks preparing and testing, so there were almost no issues. It is not a high traffic site and the single node seems to be handling the load just fine.

I cannot say I recommend the vps.net solution for most people. If you have a relatively straightforward website without customizations, a simple Ubuntu image on vps.net will likely be quite easy to manage. But if that is your situation, then Westhost 4.0 will probably suffice anyway.

I've been a Westhost customer for over 10 years. In the coming months I'll be helping the sites I manage to either move to Westhost 4.0 or move to vps.net. However, today I called Westhost billing to close my own personal account.

A big "thank you" to all the participants in these forums, both past and present. Good luck to you all.

--
Bruce

wildjokerdesign
11-16-2009, 04:47 PM
I do hope you'll stop by from time to time to visit Bruce. Hate to see you leave. At least it is to a sister company of WestHost. I drop by the vps.net forums from time to time so perhaps I'll see you there.