PDA

View Full Version : WestHost 4 now live?

acemi
11-10-2009, 04:02 PM
I see the new shared hosting plans (http://www.westhost.com/web-hosting/) are all offering Cpanel so I assume that accounts are now set up in 4.0 and the change has officially begun.

WestHost - CReeves
11-10-2009, 04:27 PM
acemi,

Yes, we have launched WestHost 4.0 for all new accounts (which does include cPanel). Existing clients will remain on the current WestHost 3.0 platform until we begin the migration in the coming months. More information will be released once we approach the migration launch date for existing users.

aberg
11-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I'am very disappointed.
You give 100% Lifetime Satisfaction Promise but how do you want to do that with me and other existence users.?
I have a semi-delicate account and the promise was only 20 accounts share the server.
And now!!!! what do I read! 50 accounts!!!!!!!:mad:
This isn't the deal I have done and it's not the contract I have.
I have paid for two full years (2011) with sharing the server for only 20 accounts
What will happen with guaranteed resources I have before?
What about the speed now 30 accounts more share the server???
Will it be time to move from this hosting compagny??
The only thing I see happen is that the prise is rise and the plans will be downgrade.
I think it will be time to move to a other hosting compagny, unless you have a very good explanation to downgrade plans and share the server with more accounts.

WestHost - CReeves
11-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Dear aberg,

Thank you for your feedback. I actually have some good news for you concerning this. You will actually find that server resources on WestHost 4.0 are much more efficient.

Here is how it works… So on WestHost 3.0 technology each individual VPS account in essence had its own “mini Linux” running inside it, including its own Web server, etc… With WestHost 4.0 since it’s a shared environment you don’t have all of those same processes going on. You simply have one server with multiple requests from different users going through simultaneously. It is estimated that one WestHost 3.0 account’s physical resources could drive approximately 10-15 WestHost 4.0 accounts. This is due to the efficiency created on the WestHost 4.0 platform in comparison to 3.0. As a result 50 accounts in WestHost 4.0 are technically better than 20 accounts on the WestHost 3.0 platform.

At first glance I agree it seems like an issue but upon further examination of the actual platforms there will be greater efficiency on the WestHost 4.0 semi-dedicated plans. Also, one other note we didn’t change the pricing structure for semi-deds.

Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or concerns. Great question!

LWC
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I have a semi-delicate account and the promise was only 20 accounts share the server.
And now!!!! what do I read! 50 accounts!!!!!!!:mad:
Escuse me but where are you taking these numbers from? Obviously they're true because the Westhost poster confirmed it, but still.

WestHost - CReeves
11-12-2009, 05:36 PM
LWC,

We are completely confident that you will find that the resource utilization is going to be greater on the WestHost 4.0 platform. The WestHost 4.0 platform is a more robust and certainly a much more efficient platform than our current 3.0.

The limitations of 20 accounts or 50 accounts is simply a number that provides the user xx amount of guaranteed resources (which is really the aim of having a semi-ded plan). Because WestHost 4.0 is a superior platform when it comes to resource utilization you not only get the same but actually better results than those on our 3.0 semi-ded plans.

I'll talk to our developers to see if I can get some additional information for you. I hope this helps.

aberg
11-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks for your answer, but still I have concerns that it isn't as you write.
Most of the Semi delicate clients have a heavy website were runs more than one scripts.
So this users know what the want (as I do) and ofcourse want pay more than a regulair users.
So yes maybe more efficient platform but also more users who runs heavy scripts.
As I wrote I have paid for two years and I don't want switch to the VPS plans.
If I see the plans ans cost than I will prefer I delicate server.
I know you have them, but to be honest your delicate plans are really expensive if I compare them with other hosters.
Also no root permission for a delicate server is for me unacceptable.

Maybe you can give the details from the server where then plans will be run on.
On this moment (westhost 3) it is still a Pentium 4 I think with is out of date bij most of hostcompagny's.

The future shall see of I stay by westhost, but what I have wrote I'am scepticism.

WestHost - CReeves
11-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Dear aberg,

Your concerns are legitimate and what you have stated about users on semi-dedicated plans is also accurate. However, while this may be the resource utilization has been tested and proven to be better and more effecient. I know that talk is somtimes cheap but we are confident in backing up our statements regarding this platform. I assure you won't be dissapointed.

WestHost Dedicated Servers are "Manged" so as a result they may not be quite as inexpensive as an unmanged version. We also do not offer the full root access since it is a manged server. We feel that when it comes to managed dedicated servers that our prices are very competitive. We also recently updated the Dedicated Server offers on our Web site in the 4.0 enviornment. I think you will find that our current server specs are also competitive with our hosts. However, as you pointed out some people have needs that require root access.

I know I have constantly touted VPS.NET but I am confident that it could easily meet your needs. You would get your full root access, cutting edge technology, and the flexibility you are looking for. It is just somthing to think about.