PDA

View Full Version : AW Stats, Viewed URL Pages

Kimberly
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
When I look at AW Stats, in the 'Navigation' area, 'Viewed'.
The list is titled - Pages-URL (Top 10) - Full list - Entry - Exit
It lists the pages people enter and exit my site.
When I look at the Full List, every entry, but one, is pointing to a page on my site as it should be.
However, one entry is from a completely different domain. It is listed as - http://www.baidu.com/ - with 3 Entry and 3Exits. I have nothing to do with this company, have never heard of it. It is Chinese and the website isn't even in English?
Can anyone explain how this is happening.
Thank you,
Kimberly
:confused:

wildjokerdesign
10-05-2009, 04:48 AM
It is a search engine site. Not sure why AwStats is listing it but more then likely has something to do with how baidu has spidered your site. I don't think there is any cause for alarm.

Kimberly
10-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Thank you Shawn
I took a better look at the Chinese site and your right, it does look like a search engine.
Do you know of a good tutorial or guide to AW Stats? Not to set things up, but understand in more detail what I'm looking at.
I looked at the AW site for an informational guide, but didn't find what I was looking for.
Any advise is appreciated.
Kimberly

wildjokerdesign
10-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't really use Awstats so I can't be much help. I do remember that the info on it was a bit slim on their site. Normally things come easier for me the more I use them. Awstats is just taking the info in your server logs and displaying it in different ways. Perhaps if you review them for a couple months they might start to make sense to how you can best use the info that it is giving you. For example if you see that a certain page is the one that folks always 'leave' on you might want to add something to that page that might keep them at your site.