PDA

View Full Version : Reseller model/pricing for move away from WH 3.0

andz
07-07-2009, 12:37 PM
The current WH 3 pricing model lets resellers like us offer a unique "pseudo-VPS" type plan at a cost that cannot be matched anywhere.

Neither the pricing for VPS.net nor the feature set for WH 4 seem to offer a good alternative for current resellers of WH3 hosting. Are there any suggestions for people who would like to continue offering something similar to this?

Would H-sphere be a viable alternative? Not sure if H-sphere offers the type of shell access currently available for WH 3...

WestHost - CReeves
07-09-2009, 10:27 AM
andz,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately since Parallels has killed the product, no Sphera host can provide a reliable long term solution for Reselling inexpensive VPS or VPS-like hosting technology.

TonyL
07-13-2009, 07:53 AM
So what does WestHost recommend for their loyal resellers for transitioning to the new environment? I'd love to have some guidance towards a path to follow to handle my 20+ sites with the least pain.

Thanks -- Tony

Bird
07-30-2009, 11:07 PM
This is a concern for me as well. When when current resellers be able to get information on pricing and details on how this is going to work. So far I've been very happy with westhost and would like to stay, but need to create a migration plan for my clients if I need to move due to the new options not being affordable for features needed.