PDA

View Full Version : Failed to run script due to timeout error.

aickin
06-07-2009, 05:58 AM
I'm trying to create a couple of subdomains, but keep getting the above error. I've also tried just adding the domains (after creating the relevant directories) in the vhosts section of the conf file - but that doesn't seem to work. What else does the script in the GUI do?

kgriffiths
06-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Dear Aickin,

Usually when you are trying to add a domain or sub-domain on the weekends like today, and you get the script timeout error, it is usually because of a vacuum process running on Sphera. The vacuum process will prevent some Site manager functions while it is running. Just give it a few hours and try again and it should work just fine.

aickin
06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes, I suspected something like that. The first subdomain I created, silverstripe, is now working fine (I had to go in and delete the dns records for them before running the script again). The second, textpattern, is not working, even after restarting the account. the dns and the conf file look ok and I'm getting a domain not found error so I don't think it's Apache causing the problem. Can you see a problem with it at your end?

regards
Paul Bolger

kgriffiths
06-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Dear Aickin,

Contact Technical support and we are more than happy to take a look at it. Or you can submit a support ticket and we can look into it and contact you when we have a resolution for you.