PDA

View Full Version : Why is Miva Merchant being dropped?

msmcmullen
05-28-2009, 04:27 PM
I've got a Miva 4 store on WestHost and want to know why you plan on discontinuing it's support in WestHost 4.0?

This is not a good time for me to find a new shopping cart and build a new store. How long do I have before my store no longer works?

I hate to say it, but I'm looking at other host providers even thought I've been with WestHost for more than 3 years.

troubled.

WestHost - CReeves
05-28-2009, 05:10 PM
msmcmullen,

We will continue to provide technical support for those clients who already have Miva Merchant installed and store functionality will continue in the WestHost 4.0 environment. We however, will not be offering Miva Merchant to new clients moving forward. There are no plans to discontinue support for Miva Merchant however if that were to ever change we would give ample notification to our clients. In short, the WestHost 4.0 transition itself will not limit any current technical support or functionality provided by WestHost.

msmcmullen
05-29-2009, 11:03 AM
This is great news! I'm planning to upgrade from Miva 4 to Miva 5. Will this be a problem?

kgriffiths
05-31-2009, 12:13 AM
Dear Msmcmullen,

No that should not be any problem so long as you upgrade it before the 4.0 migration.