PDA

View Full Version : Invoicing and Follow-up

tazmania
04-10-2009, 04:47 AM
I recently had an embarrassing situation where I was billed for services via snail mail and just plain forgot to submit the online payment. I have no excuse for that.

But between now and then, I received no e-mails, no phone calls, no snail mails reminding me the account was overdue. As a result, it was summarily shut off yesterday and I had to find out out from my client that it was shut-off and the account was overdue.

I know it's not your responsiblity to hold people's hands, but in my albeit small organization, I at least attempt to make human contact before shutting off services. After all they are customers.

WestHost - CReeves
04-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Tazmania,

I'm sorry about your frustration you described with your services. We do not arbitrarily shut off service without any notification. Our Billing department will send several notifications prior to an account being disabled. I have forwarded your concern to our Billing department to respond to you directly with the details regarding your account. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

tazmania
04-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Thank your for your follow-up. I've tested the primary e-mail for the account and it worked fine. I won't assume anything given the nature of e-mail spam filters. But with a slight bit of doubt, I receive your customer newsletters just fine at the same address. I've since updated the account with my primary e-mail address and added westhost.com to my whitelist.

Shouldn't you also consider adding telephone or snail mail to your contact system to preclude spam filters as a potential block to customer communication?