PDA

View Full Version : FormMail - email hosted on another site

phcranston
04-07-2009, 06:33 AM
I have a client that is using Formmail. They have moved their email to be hosted by Google so it is no longer hosted by Westhost. Whenever the FormMail script is run, the form is sent to the email address on the Westhost server. Since the email address is on the Westhost server it does not send the email out to the google server. If I remove the email address from the westhost server, formmail throws an error.

Is there a way I can get westhost server to forward the email on to the google mailserver?

wildjokerdesign
04-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Can you give some clearer details of the issue? I am not sure if your client has simply started using a gmail email addy or if they have changed the Main MX via Site Manager so that mail sent to their domain is handled by Gmail.

phcranston
04-07-2009, 08:48 AM
The mx record has been pointed to google. This is how their domain is handled.

Godaddy - Domain Registrar and handling DNS records.
A Record points to IP address of webserver at Westhost
MX Record points to Mailserver at google.

wildjokerdesign
04-07-2009, 11:55 AM
FormMail is using sendmail internally to deliver the mail so it is "skipping" your MX Record when the email is a local one. You could setup the local email address to forward on to a non-local email account like a gmail addy.

kgriffiths
04-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Dear phcranston,

Technical support can install what is called a "Sticky Host" script on your account which will make your form look for the MX record. You just need to contact technical support to have them install it.