PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Schedule?

pcncarolina
02-15-2009, 05:53 AM
I am currently in a different time zone than WH (GMT+1) and am having troubles working in Site Manager and my DadaMail. My Mailwasher program reports that my eamil account is "currently locked due to maintenance". I was wondering if WH publishes when they have regularly scheduled maintenance. If so, where? If not,then that would be very helpful to those of us in other timezones.

Blessings,
PC

wildjokerdesign
02-15-2009, 07:11 AM
West Host has always sent out email notifications of maintenance in the past. I have never heard of a "currently locked due to maintenance" message even when they have been doing maintenance. It might be worth contacting West Host direct with this question and with the fact that you are having issues with Site Manager and DadaMail.

pcncarolina
02-16-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm not sure what the issue was either but it seems related to the fact that Mailwasher was checking the email account two consecutive times. Anyway, once the second, duplicate account, was removed all went back to normal. Thanks much.
PC

nventurella
02-16-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm glad that you were able to solve the problem. The following information may be helpful in the future. When performing scheduled maintenance, WestHost will send out an e-mail notification approximately one week before the maintenance window. The e-mail notification will be sent to the address on file for your hosting account with the billing department; be sure to keep your contact information up-to-date by using the Account Maintenance form (https://corp2.westhost.com/account/).

Server undergoing unscheduled (emergency) maintenance will be listed online at http://netstatus.westhost.com/

Most likely, the problem was caused by having the account setup twice within your spam filtering program. The default POP e-mail server in use on WestHost accounts will only allow one concurrent login session per user, so if you try to login to the same account twice at one time you will get an error message indicating the mailbox is in use.