PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good CMS/Blogging Website software?

markw10
01-23-2009, 02:03 AM
I am planning on launching a content site in approximately a month. It will contain a lot of information, tips, reviews, and articles. I hope to someday post on it daily and at times multiple articles daily.
Originally I was planning on going with WordPress for a simple blogging site but now think I may want to look at another solution.
I plan to have several categories for the type of articles, etc. I will be writing and like to be able to sort them by month, etc. What I like is being able to have a main page where the articles can be posted to daily but also that someone can easily browse by category if they are interested in a specific category. It would be nice if I could make certain articles front page articles. I have used Joomla in the past and it seems to do something like this.
What is very important is I will be both sending people to my own e-commerce website for some products but also I am setting up a lot of affiliate programs where I want to be able to use ad boxes. I'd like to either be able to put these along the sides of the main screen or even have a 'mall' area where someone can go in to view affiliates. Also, I'd want to be able to use the html code within actual articles so I could simply review a product and then have a link to buy from the affiliate.
Also, I'd like to be able to future date articles to post at specific times. I'd likely use a free template at first and with time will have a custom designed template that would have my business logo on it.
Originally I thought that Wordpress would be perfect but honestly I think I may want more. I have used Joomla and like it but also have heard Drupal is very powerful and also Expression Engine. Would one of these two be a better choice for me or are there other options that would be better?
Thank you for your help.

d3designcubed
01-27-2009, 01:43 PM
I am just beginning to use drupal for some of our clients and so far it seems that it has a large collection of modules that would allow you set up you site as you describe it.

I am no expert on this. As I said I'm just starting out, but this might be worth a look.

Aaaaap
02-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Lots of my friends use blogspot. I am also no expert of this. I like clearblogs. Iy may be worth your look.