PDA

View Full Version : Magento Ecommerce

TonyL
10-06-2008, 06:38 AM
It looks like Magento Ecommerce has grown up. I'd like to see it available through WestHost's application installs.

Makes for far more attractive sites than I have seen done with osCommerce.

Cheers -- Tony Lush

WestHost - CRussell
10-23-2008, 12:20 PM
It's on our radar. We actually just added Zen cart but Magento was second on our wish-list.

TonyL
10-23-2008, 12:24 PM
That's great. I do think we need to have the option of installing in either a directory or the parent site.

Thanks -- Tony

WVOz1970
10-29-2008, 09:56 AM
I'd second the motion. I installed Zen a couple of years ago for the first time and really liked the additional zing it gave to OSC. I've been toying with Magento on one of my test accounts and really like the looks of it. When I have time, I'm going to look into what it will take to convert one of my stores over. I haven't checked Magento to see how difficult it will be to export and convert my OSC product database over to Magento. Keep us posted if Magento becomes a regular offering. I'll have to add it to my reseller list.

orsilk
11-13-2008, 09:20 AM
I too would be a user. I tried to install a number of times but failed; it would be nice to have it load as a stable, supported application.

acemi
11-16-2008, 03:13 PM
I tried to install a number of times but failed; it would be nice to have it load as a stable, supported application.
I set it up yesterday with no snags. I followed the instructions - created a new database, installed the demo store files, uploaded the installer, set permissions and it was automated from there.

I'm hoping to get further with Magento than I did with Zen a couple of years back. Zen got me frustrated and seemed too cumbersome for the simple store I was setting up.

bahman
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Why do I have to uninstall Shared SSL before I install Magento?
I'm using the shared ssl on several production accounts.....

wildjokerdesign
02-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Where did you read that you had to uninstall Shared SSL? Is this on a WH 3.0 or WH 4.0 account?