PDA

View Full Version : Zimbra Considerations

WillieManillie
09-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Zimbra and Open Xchange for that matter really look nice platforms. Has this type of offering been considered. I have been with WestHost for approximately three to four years. I have never been impressed with the email platforms. In fact, they suck to be blunt.

WestHost - CReeves
09-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Steve,

Thank you for your suggestion. Iím sorry to hear about your frustration with our e-mail platforms. All suggestions are reviewed by our Development team for further review and consideration. If you need further assistance or have additional questions please contact our Technical Support team. We do appreciate your feedback.

WestHost - CRussell
09-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Zimbra and Open Xchange are on our radar. Realistically you'll probably see this as a separate offering from shared hosting. I can't give you any kind of a time-frame right now but I did want to at least acknowledge we're looking at it.

In regards to what we are doing now be sure to read our recent post about Dovecot and maildirs. That is going to very positive impact soon.

danno
12-21-2008, 07:58 AM
This may not be the place to "vote", but I would love to see this as an option, especially if it could be integrated into the email data of existing accounts.

WillieManillie
02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
By the time this is made available, it will be old technology. Westhost still hasn't figured out CPanel is the best way to manage domains. For whatever reason, they insist on using a model A home-brew console.

WestHost - CReeves
02-10-2009, 08:06 AM
WillieManillie,

I can definately understand your concern. The good news is WestHost is currently working on releasing cPanel in the coming months. This will be made available to all clients.

wildjokerdesign
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM
The good news is WestHost is currently working on releasing cPanel in the coming months. This will be made available to all clients.
Does that mean the old Site Manager well go away?

WestHost - CReeves
02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
wildjoker,

Unfortunately, I do not have all the details about how this transition will work yet with existing clients. I would imagine that we will run both control panels simultaneously until we are fully transitioned. There was mention of this in the WestHost blog (http://www.westhost.com/blog/)on December 24th. To answer your question my assumption would be that yes Site Manager will eventually go away however I am not certain of this. I will do some research on this and see if we can release more details.

wildjokerdesign
02-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks for reminding me of the blog... I keep forgetting it is there. :)