PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading WordPress on Non-Main Domain

HalVaughan
06-25-2008, 11:00 PM
I've had a blog up for a while and today when I tried to write a post, there were a few problems, so I got on the phone with Westhost.

Without going into details, I have multiple domains, the main one is main.com, the blog one is blog.com (for reference). When I installed Wordpress, all I had to do was move the directory from /var/www/html to /var/www/blog and it worked just fine. Never had a problem.

Tonight we backed up the db, then uninstalled the older Wordpress, installed the new version, then restored the DB. My posts are still there, but I'm using the old version -- forgot to copy the files from /var/www/html/wordpress to /var/www/blog/wordpress. So I back up the current blog and copy the files over. The posts are gone. Now I have two wordpress directories in /var/www/blog, distinguished by -new or -old if needed. If I use the new version, Wordpress is not aware of the posts but it's clear they're still in the db because I can just swap the directories and use the old version and they're there.

So what is the file in the wordpress directory tree that I need to deal with that either specifies the DB where posts and such are stored or whatever other info I need to alter?

Can anyone help me with this? Basically I want the new Wordpress directory and files in use but I want it to read the posts from the old/current blog. I know I'll have to copy over all the image files, but that's no issue.

Thanks for any info on this!

wildjokerdesign
06-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Compare what you find in wp-config.php of the old and new installation.