I presently run php 5.2.5
5.2.6 addresses 120 fixes mostly security dedicated

is there somewhere an "how to" or could you explain how I could do it
thanks
regards

WestHost - MCox
05-13-2008, 12:23 PM
montaigne,

While I don't have instructions for manually upgrading to php 5.2.6, you can request to have it done by WestHost as a custom service at:
https://corp2.westhost.com/customservices/

RFH927
05-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Mark,

My PCI Compliance Scans are now failing all three of the sites I have hosted with WestHost on VPS (I'll be happy to send you the report) due to numerous security issues with PHP versions < 5.2.6 . Don't you think you guys ought to be working on getting PHP v.5.2.6 onto the application menu for VPS? I have way too much other stuff going on to have to be worrying about changing hosts over this.....

Thanks,
Bob

WestHost - MCox
05-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Bob,

We are working on making php 5.2.6 available as a site application through the Site Manager. I don't have an exact date on when that will be released, but we hope to have it included in the next batch of applications we make available.

dattas
06-12-2008, 01:37 AM
I just checked on some of my accounts and php 5.2.6 is now available on a good portion of them, I bet here in the next week it will be across all of their servers. You must understand that rolling out new applications for WestHost must not be easy, it is not just pushing a button, they must have to create some sort of packaging system for each new product and likely for some updates, depending on how drastic the update is. From what I have experienced, they get new updates for Site Applications quicker than other hosts I have tried. We love you WestHost, thanks for the new apps!

montaigne
06-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Dattas, if it is now available
please, let me know how to look for it and update my package
I do not see anything new in my server manager area
thanks

WestHost - MCox
06-17-2008, 08:49 AM
montaigne,

Php 5.2.6 has indeed been made available. To add it to your service package, go to the "Service Packages" section of your Server Manager, click on the package you want to add the application to, click on the "Edit" button and then go through the pages until you get to the one that lists the site applications. From there, check the box next to Php 5.2.6 and click through to the end of the edit section. After making this change, you will need to reapply the service package to the accounts.

More information on editing service packages can be found in the documentation at:
http://www.helpdocs.westserver.net/servermanager/index.htm