PDA

View Full Version : Is WestHost Site Manager the Best Available?

etters
03-13-2008, 04:34 PM
I question whether the "Site Manager" process used by WestHost is the best available for the task. Most other hosting companies use a more generally available process that undergoes national usage, testing and broad opportunity for improvement. Today I again waited for over twenty (20) minutes to access the applications portion of my Site Manager - and this has happened before.

wildjokerdesign
03-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I can't remember, Are you still on WH 2.0? WH 3.0 is a bit better although it still seems to bog down at times.

Wayne
06-17-2008, 07:37 PM
I question whether the "Site Manager" process used by WestHost is the best available for the task. Most other hosting companies use a more generally available process that undergoes national usage, testing and broad opportunity for improvement. Today I again waited for over twenty (20) minutes to access the applications portion of my Site Manager - and this has happened before.

Coming from another VPS host I'm rather surprised by the lack of features and functionality that Site Manager offers.

CPanel is ok from what I recall, but HSPComplete is a much easier, more powerful interface that is truly designed for a VPS / Dedicated server. It really would be nice to see HSPComplete here, not just because I've been using it for two years, but the amount of power, ease of use and still simple enough for a new VPS user to understand.

'Site Manager' does feel like the diet store-brand control panel.

dattas
06-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I personally do not mind the Site Manager. It is easy to use, and I didn't have to pay for a license for it (like they would have to with cPanel or HSPComplete), so my hosting is one of the best priced for the features I get. (I have not found a better deal that gives you SSH access to your own VPS) Sure it is missing a few features, however anything I need to get done I can get done using SSH, which I would use over any control panel any day. I am sure they are working on new features for it, just give it time.