PDA

View Full Version : Backup Question...

l4a
02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd like to know if the nightly backups on my dedicated server, performed by WestHost, include my vBulletin database?

What I'm trying to figure out is...in addition to nightly backup, should I also being backing up my database or is the nightly backup enough in the case I ever have to have a restore done?

Thanx in advance!

wildjokerdesign
02-14-2008, 09:15 PM
For the dedicated server you might want to use the Contact Us page to ask West Host support directly if they back up the vBulletin DB. I have a feeling it would not be part of a nightly back up but I may be wrong.

l4a
02-15-2008, 06:24 AM
For the dedicated server you might want to use the Contact Us page to ask West Host support directly if they back up the vBulletin DB. I have a feeling it would not be part of a nightly back up but I may be wrong.

Yeh Shawn...you're probably right. I figured I'd throw it up here, thinking someone from WH might see it.

I'll go the "Contact Us" route.

Thank you for the reply!

BTW, neat websites :)

wildjokerdesign
02-15-2008, 12:57 PM
BTW, neat websites :)

Thank You. Glad you like them.

dattas
05-07-2008, 07:04 PM
If you have a dedicated server and have ordered the backups (I sure hope you have, I would be terrified of my site losing data on my server) But when they take a backup, they take the backup of everything on the VPS (everything that is in the / folder, so everything). They do keep the 5 days worth of backup, and when they mount the backup, it is mounted at /.snapshot/daily.(how ever many days ago)/(files from / are here)
I am glad that I have backups on my server because I do development on it, so if I make a mistake, if I catch it within a few days they got the backups, all I gotta do is give them the Site Manager password in chat or on the phone and they mount the backups for me... I just wish there was a way we could get the backups mounted from Site Manager or something like that.