PDA

View Full Version : FFMPEG Not available and no Super User Access

premwithme
02-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi,

I am amazed after choosing to host with westhost, they said its VPS hosting but no SU Access and Ffmpeg which now most of the sites using but no support is available for that.

I found lot of user in westhost already posted this " FFmpeg probelm " but there is no solution.

I think they have to make ffmpeg as a part of install manager.

I am searching forum and contacting Westhost people for solution to this problem for the past 10 days. Any way i am running out of options. may be i think i have to go for any other hosting provider that provide FFmpeg support:(

My suggestion "Westhost is not a good place is you want to have third party software like FFmpeg install in your account"

hpham
02-14-2008, 10:19 AM
I posted this a few weeks ago on these forums:

You can download the precompiled binary I use at: http://files.fwdweb.com/uploads/ffmpeg.zip .

For now you can just use the precompiled binary. Just place it in your /usr/local/bin directory and it should work.

I can't remember if I downloaded this binary or compiled it by hand. I generally try to compile things like this on a separate redhat box then copy it to my VPS.

Using that binary would be the easiest thing to do. Much easier than compiling your own from scratch. Remember to chmod it to 700 (chmod 700 ffmpeg).

Harrison

premwithme
02-14-2008, 11:36 AM
hi,

I checked your compiled binary ffmpeg file the picture is coming but no Audio.

Without sound its useful.

Do you know how to get audio also. Is there any way to do that

premwithme
02-25-2008, 02:23 AM
Hi,

I am leaving from westhost becoz there are not supporting FFmpeg,

even i tried with ffmpeg binary file there the probelm is old gcc libraries not supporting so no sound is coming/ no audio.

tabouda
05-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi,

I am looking for the same exact thing for a video community script. Does anyone know how to get this installed wihotu having true root access?