PDA

View Full Version : Mailman after account upgrade

odieresis
01-28-2008, 02:49 AM
I had Mailman working on my WH vs, I followed instructions posted here (http://forums.westhost.com/showthread.php?p=34652) and here (http://forums.westhost.com/showthread.php?t=7506).

In the last days my WH account was upgraded to 3.0. Now Python 2.5 is installed and I don't know if there are changes to do to Mailman installation.

I can't start Mailman, I used these 2 commands:

mailmanctl start
mailmanctl -s start

In both cases I obtained:

-sh: mailmanctl: command not found

I don't know what is -sh. Why do I receive a message "command not found" if mailmanctl is there (/usr/local/mailman/bin)?

Thank you for your time.

wildjokerdesign
01-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Simple solution would be to first execute the following command and then your command to start MailMan:

cd /usr/local/mailman/bin

If you need to work with MailMan often you may want to add the Path to your .bashrc file. Open up the file and look for the line export PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/apache/bin". On the next line add export PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/mailman/bin"

phcranston
04-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I am having the same problem with Mailman. My account was upgraded to 3.0 a few days ago. Everything seemed to work fine for a few days but then Mailman quit processing email. When I tried to start / restart Mailman I get this message.

[~]$ cd ~/mailman/bin
[~/mailman/bin]$ mailmanctl start
-sh: mailmanctl: command not found

Any help would be appreciated. The command is indeed there. I'm not sure what to try next.

WestHost - DWinans
04-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Dear phcranston,

You'll need to execute the command with either the full path or relativley with ./command. I'd suggest you follow Shawn's suggestion and add the path to Mailman's executables to your bashrc file.

phcranston
04-18-2008, 05:47 AM
Thanks - Adding "./" before the commands works.

[~]$ cd ~/mailman/bin
[~/mailman/bin]$ ./mailmanctl start
Starting Mailman's master qrunner.

wildjokerdesign's suggestion to "cd /usr/local/mailman/bin" did not work for me. I get this response:

[~/mailman/bin]$ cd /usr/local/mailman/bin
-sh: cd: /usr/local/mailman/bin: No such file or directory

In any case it is working now. Thanks.