PDA

View Full Version : Change Site Manager to Cpanel

riverdale
01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
I am new on here, but I feel very limited with using the current Site Manager control panel, such as running cron jobs, just to mention one of the limits. I have been hosted with other webhosts that provide CPanel control panel, it is very easy even for the "newbies" to use, just click install and go, as with the cron jobs, you don't have to be messing around with commands and codes that most times can be a headache for advanced users, so you can imagine the difficulty for folks that don't have coding experience. This is just a suggestion, I am happy with your service, but the control panel needs some improvement, if not changed to cpanel that have so much options and very user friendly.

hpham
01-25-2008, 03:24 PM
From what I understand, the control panel provided by Westhost is designed specifically for the VPS environment they use.

I would hate to see CPanel/Plesk on Westhost. It would probably increase the hosting costs. Not to mention it would probably increase cpu/memory usage a few order of magnitudes higher than it already is.

For comparison, look at various other VPS providers and notice how much they charge for CPanel/Plesk licenses. It may end up costing more than your current hosting fee!

riverdale
01-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I did research already, and I saw another vps charging more or less the same as westhost and they provide you with a selection of 8 different control panel that includes cpanel with the same space and bandwidth. But anyways, I think that the current control panel needs some improvement.

godrockzzz
01-25-2008, 07:25 PM
The westhost control panel is very very limiting and virtually requires users to do everything via SSH. It's designed for 1 domain and a person not used to linux or things outside of cpanel would greatly suffer here!