PDA

View Full Version : Question about Propagation

robm103
01-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I transferred a domain/site over to Westhost on Friday evening. As of yesterday (Saturday), it was propagating correctly to Westhost. Today, it isn't and is propagating to the old site on the previous host.

Is this just one of those "wait a full 72 hours" kind of things? Or could there be issues?

wildjokerdesign
01-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Are you accessing the site from the same computer and ISP as you where when you first saw that it had propagated? If not did you make sure that your browser cache was cleared and that you are not seeing an local cached version of your site?

More then likely it is simply a "wait a full 72 hours" kind of thing as you put it, but if it continues make sure and contact WH support via the Contact Us link at the top of the page.

robm103
01-20-2008, 02:31 PM
I am accessing the site from the same computer and ISP. Oddly enough, now it's propagating correctly again.

However, when I noticed it seemed to be pulling up the old site, I did try clearing my browser cache and that didn't work at the time.

I assumed this is probably just a "wait and see" situation, but it's really weird.