PDA

View Full Version : Westhost 3.0 Upgrade check

ajparker
01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
The last week or so I've got the notices from Westhost that an account will be upgraded within a week and given the link to check the details. Well, it turns out the three earliest were going to be upgraded.... between 9:00 p.m. MST on 01/08/08 to 5:00 a.m. the following morning - so I set a calendar reminder and on the 8th I checked... no upgrade (I went to the manager/ directory and it's still showing v.2.0) - so today (the 9th of January 08) I got the within the next week the following account will be upgraded.... go to the site and (it has changed a bit since the last view I had of it 2-3 days back), the forecast date is 1-8-08.... yesterday, so in a approximately a week the accounts will be upgraded yesterday? huh? It's not an earth shattering issue, just wondered if anyone else had seen some... quirks in the estimated upgrade dates?

Thanks,

Avery

P.S. Wow, after posting I just saw my signature which dates from the v.2.0 upgrade... So, the faq below is NOT relevant to the current upgrade

Taza
01-23-2008, 04:20 AM
my site is now deader than a dodo (http, ssh) after sending me the "your upgrade is complete" email two days later than scheduled.

not great (but then what is these days?)

Taza
01-23-2008, 06:29 AM
problem fixed very quickly by WH support, thanks!

site back up now (95% of my manually installed stuff still working!)

will report back on WH3.0 stability/reliability at a later date

ajparker
04-11-2008, 04:56 PM
The 3.0 seems to be going VERY smoothly for the sites that I've seen move. I was expecting some issues with mysql database setups/etc...as well as dns/mail headaches potentially, but the migrations have been almost a non-event in that I can't think of a single issue that I've run into post-upgrade that a site reboot didn't fix. This has been SOOOO much better than the 2.0 upgrade went. Congrats Westhost!

sam159
04-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Went smooth for me too, the only problem i had was that the mime.types file was overwritten.
And the site manager is an improvement too.