PDA

View Full Version : name not pointed yet

lclark
10-15-2007, 06:17 PM
i havent pointed my domain name to the hosting yet, but for a while if i put in the yourdomain.com.whsites.net i could see it

now i cant. any ideas?

thanks

Lisa

wildjokerdesign
10-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Did you remove that domain via your Site Manager? It should still be good unless you remove it. I don't think that WestHost removes them or that there is any time limit on them. You should be able to still log into your Site Manager via the site here useing the Members Login to check and see if it is still there.

wildjokerdesign
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Also if the account happens to have a dedicated IP you can access it via that in the browser.

lclark
10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
i didnt think so since it really dosnt matter to them since hosting is paid for

i havent worked on the site for a month and now im back on it

i havent removed anything from the manager. i can still get into the admin part of the site so its still there but when i typ in the site.com.whsites.net it get the blue page "site comming soon" where before i saw the site

thanks shawn

Lisa

lclark
10-15-2007, 06:47 PM
it dosnt have a dedicated Ip

wildjokerdesign
10-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Ahh I see so you are still able to access the account you are just getting the default html page. Is the site you are working on maybe a php based site with a front page of index.php? If so then try yourdomain.com.whsites.net/index.php This well also work for any page you have on the server. If you want to access without adding the filename then simply log into the account via FTP and remove the default index.html file and you should be good to go.