PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Business Pro to Reseller account

jdegenova
08-29-2007, 08:39 PM
I've recently signed up for a Westhost reseller account and want to move domains from my existing Westhost Business Pro account. When I try to setup a domain on the reseller account it says "Operation failed on server due to error: The domain xxxxx.com is occupied."

How am I supposed to move my domains if I can't even begin setting them up on the new VPS? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon

wildjokerdesign
08-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Pretty sure you well have to contact Westhost so that they well release the lock on your domains. If the lock was not there then anyone would be able to "steal" your domains. :) Normally when you upgrade like that Westhost well move things for you. I know that I combined several accounts when I upgraded to a Reseller account and that they where "transferred" for me. Could be that the system is different now so you have to do it manually but I would check with WestHost for sure on that.

hpham
08-29-2007, 09:53 PM
The easiest and safest way to do this is to rename your current domains. Renaming your domains will immediately release the current domains from WH's systems. Then you can add them to your new account without any conflicts.

I am not sure if this would work for WH bought domains (my domains are all registered with a separate registrar). You may want to check with WH support to make sure this will work for your account. The 24/7 online chat is great for little questions like this.

Harrison

corvus
08-31-2007, 12:40 AM
Jon,

When I made the switch from my single VPS account to reseller, I contacted support and was able to get them to move the entire VPS to my reseller account.

If you want to create a VPS for each domain, this won't work for you. Either way, I would get in touch with support. This is something that others have more then likely been through before and I'm sure they have some good ideas for how best to do this in the system.