PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if Perl is properly installed. Internal Server Error

zippy
06-16-2007, 08:22 AM
I get Internal Server Errors with my perl shopping cart, Dansie. It worked on several other servers but not this one. I downloaded a simple script to test the sendmail and to see if the script actually is bad in the shopping cart (what support is claiming). Here is my simple script. I'm new here at WH and know nothing of perl, so please be gentile with me. :) You can see the actual error by going to *edit*
I sure hope someone can help/.
Thanks,
--Michael

#!/usr/bin/perl

# Sendmail test script for UNIX hosts

# 1. Put the path to your host's sendmail program in the $mailprog variable below.
# 2. Put your email address in the $to and $from variables below.
# 3. Upload this script in ASCII format (not binary) to your cgi-bin.
# 4. Chmod this script 755 if you are on a Unix host.
# 5. Point your browser at this script like so:
# http://www.YourName.com/cgi-bin/email_test.pl
# 6. Check your email. If you receive an email then your host's sendmail program
# is located at this system path and is working. Set Host Variable #6 in the
# vars.dat file with the correct sendmail path.
# 7. If your host's sendmail program doesn't respond with an email,
# contact your host for help. Send them a copy of this script and the URL to it.

$mailprog = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";
$to = 'myemail@triaspis.com';
$from = 'myemail@triaspis.com';
$subject = "Unix sendmail test";

#open(MAIL,"|$mailprog $to");
open(MAIL,"|$mailprog -f $from $to");
print MAIL "To: $to\n";
print MAIL "From: $from\n";
print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
print MAIL "This is a test... $mailprog\n";
close(MAIL);

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "sendmail path tested: $mailprog<BR>";

zippy
06-16-2007, 01:50 PM
If you guys are not sure if the script has a fault, can you paste it into your cgi-bin and see if it works for you. That will at least tell me if it works here at WH.
Thanks,
--Michael

wildjokerdesign
06-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Nothing wrong with the script that Ican see. Tested the page you posted and it returns no errors.

zippy
06-17-2007, 07:23 AM
yes, thanks. I was finally able to find someone in support who saw and fixed the problem.
Thanks.

wildjokerdesign
06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
So did you have the permissions set wrong on the file or was it something else? Just thinking it may help others down the line if they have the same problem and see this post. :)