PDA

View Full Version : good plan

lclark
05-21-2007, 12:17 PM
i am thinking of hosting some of my clients sites, but i dont have the knowledge for the server side maintenance, i can sell them space and i can load up thier sites but that is all i want to do. can someone point me in the direction of a good plan?

thanks alot

wildjokerdesign
05-21-2007, 04:13 PM
When you say "good plan" I assume you are talking about the best way to set up the Service Plan in your Server Manager. Am I right in that assumption?

I have to confess with the new options available to us now with WH 3.0 it is a bit confuseing and I even struggled with this before. :) I would say that it is best to use the pre-defined Service Packages that WH has supplied in the Service Manager to start with. Would you have specific questions about those that perhaps we could try and figure out?

lclark
05-22-2007, 06:46 AM
what i am doing now is using subdomains for some of my clients sites. but i only have so many subdomains before i need to open up another account.

i would like to host my clients sites but i do not want to do the maintanace sice i really dont know how but i want to offer them hosting through me on westhost.

so how would i host my clients sites and still have west host do any major fixes if needed.

thanks

wildjokerdesign
05-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Ahh... I think I understand now. :) Why not join the WestHost Affiliate program (http://affiliates.westhost.com/)? Although I have a Resellers account I still use the Affiliate link on my site. Often I well direct clients to use it to sign up for hosting with West Host and then once they have the account set up they give me thier log in information and I go ahead and set up the site for them. I continue to offer support/guidance for thier site but they can also go to West Host direct if they need something. As long as I have thier current password, if I need to contact West Host for them on a techincal issue they are haveing problems with I can and get it resolved.

lclark
05-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks shawn,

i thought of that. that is probably the easist way to do it. I think i will do it that way

thanks alot

Lisa