PDA

View Full Version : Can't get netpbm to work

lbcreationz
04-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know where to upload the netpbm binaries to? I downloaded the netpbm binaries distribution from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gallery/netpbm_gallery-1.4-pl2-linux-intel.zip?modtime=1086220800&big_mirror=1
I unzipped locally and uploaded to /usr/bin.
I changed permissions on all netpbm files to 777 and set the path to /usr/bin in my Coranto Multipart Settings. It does not seem to be working any differently than it did before I uploaded netpbm.

Is there anything I might be missing on the netpbm install end of things?

wildjokerdesign
04-09-2007, 04:58 PM
You would have to install it. :)
From Netpbm README

INSTALLATION
------------

See doc/INSTALL.

I just ran a very quick a dirty test and was able to get it to install by forceing some things but I don't know if it would work for what you need. Normally programs that use Netpbm can also use ImageMagick or GD. GD is installed by default on your account and ImageMagick and be installed via the Site Manger. Would one of those be and alternative for you?

lbcreationz
04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Most programs do give you a choice...sadly this one does not. Where did you untar the netpbm distribution to? Thanks for the help by the way!

wildjokerdesign
04-10-2007, 07:00 AM
It doesn't matter where you untar the distribution files. What does matter is where you install it. :) You can not let it install in the default location. Although we have access to /usr/local we don't have access to some of the directories inside of /usr/local. I was installing a bunch of things yesterday so not 100% sure on this but I am pretty sure that unlike other things I have installed during configuration of process it ask for where you want to install netpbm. I ended up installing it in /usr/local/ntpbm. This allowed it to create bin, include, lib and man inside that directory dureing the install progress. Running make and make package still failed so I had to use make --keep-going and makepackage --keep-going to get it to install. Not sure it is fully working and it would be better to take the time to examine any errors that came up with make and make package and try to fix them. :)

One other difference between what you are doing and what I did is that I have svn installed on the account I did this on and used that to grab the package. I did this on a beta test of WH 3.0. That is likely to affect things. I'll see if I can find some time to try it out on a WH 2.0 account.

wildjokerdesign
04-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Reading a bit more in the information with the package I am wondering if since you a have the files uploaded to /usr/bin if maybe you now simply need to run ldconfig in SSH. You could give that a try.

wildjokerdesign
04-10-2007, 07:52 AM
I just did a quick test on a WH 2.0 account. I grabbed the Gallery bianaries that you used and uploaded them to /usr/bin. I then changed the permissions on them to 0755. I logged into SSH via putty and they where working fine.

So if you did the same then it should be working. It could be that Coranto Multipart uses netpmb in some other way. I am not familiar with the program.

wildjokerdesign
04-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I just downloaded and intalled Coranto along with the Add-On. Like you I am not seeing any difference really but the Settings of Multipart do not really explain how it is supposed to work. Normally when a program builds thumbnails for you it gives you setting for width, height where you want them etc. yet this does not. It is also possible that it is looking for something more.

wildjokerdesign
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Ok well it looks like there may be something wrong with the bianaries from Gallery. BTW did you create the new field useing a type of "File Upload"? I was not reading the documentation fully which is why I was not getting the Thumbnail setting options. Once I got all that sorted out it was still haveing some problems it seems. I checked my error log and saw these:

giftopnm: Reading Image Sequence 0
sh: /usr/bin/ppmtojpeg: No such file or directory

The Gallery package has no ppmtojpeg that I could find. Only has pnmtojpeg. For some reason the giftopnm is not reading right so it creates a thumbnail image but it is "blank".

I really don't think this is a WH issue but more of a Multipart issue. I checked the link provided in the Multipart instructions for getting help and it seems to no longer be valid. I think this is simply out of date. Even the newest Readme is marked 25 SEP 05.