PDA

View Full Version : Formmail: Copying the Sender

Bit0Byte
04-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Working with the standard MSA Formmail, can someone who has successfully configured the script to send a copy to the sender OR print a printable copy to screen, please share with me how this is done?

I have a form that I would like the person filling out to be able to have a copy for their records.

In addition it would be great if, on a printable version, I could include text such as my contact information.

Thank you….

wildjokerdesign
04-02-2007, 10:52 AM
MSA Formmail does not have these abilities really. I am sure that you could hack the script to allow for it but you would be better off with something like TFMail from the NMS Project (http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/scripts.shtml).

The NMS Project is a group of developers that took the original MSA Formail and made it more secure and added some enhancements. Don't panic the version that WH offers is secure in the environment they offer. ;) The nice thing about TFMail is that it goes even beyond the basic enhancements they offered and allows you to create a return page that has the information they submited along with any other content you would like. With the original script this is something that is not available (by default). Again you could alter the original script which I did do at one time before finding TFMail but why go through the headache when someone else has already done it.

There is a bit of a learning curve when comes to using TFMail but once you get the hang of it is pretty easy. The "TFMail Autoinstall" that is available on the page I linked to works fine on a WH account although on their site they say it is experimental.

I can't remember for sure since I have not worked with TFMail in a while but I do think that you can also send a copy to the poster via email.